Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
RedLine

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by RedLine » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:52 am

Daisy Ridley seems like she belongs in schlocky direct-to-streaming horror movies.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:30 am

Fits. She looks kinda like a Xenomorph

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:57 pm

They showed the first two episodes of Andor on free TV last night. Holy Christ, it was the most boring thing I'd ever seen. Why are faggots making excuses for this? Is it because the Obi-Wan show was so bad this seems good in comparison?
お前はもう死んでいる。

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:02 pm

The suits at Lucasfilm needed some positive spin after their many failures, so they got the shills on overdrive.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:33 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:57 pm
Why are faggots making excuses for this? Is it because the Obi-Wan show was so bad this seems good in comparison?
This, basically. Disney conditioned people with terrible nu-Wars media for several years to the point where something so aggressively banal as a prequel to a prequel no one asked for is seen as """just good enough""" in their eyes.
Also shills. Regardless, it's the lowest-viewed Disney Wars cash in on record for obvious reasons. Even if it is, somehow, of a consistent "refinement" compared to everything else they've done, they've systematically disintegrated so much long term good will with the fans (both young and old) that barely anyone with a conscience cares anymore, and Andor suffers for that. The damage is done. Too little, too late.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:11 pm

I think one problem with "Star Wars" is that, in spirit, it's essentially for kids and kids don't care about "Star Wars" these days. At least they don't care about it like they did back in the day. It's not The Greatest Thing Ever anymore like it was when I was a kid in the 80s..

So the new "Star Wars" shit is made for older nerd types with obligatory pandering to the identity politics Gestapo.

Without that kid appeal though, "Star Wars" has lost its soul. "Star Wars" is like an old rock band that used to sell out stadiums and older people have these great memories of seeing them. Now, they have a streak of bad albums. Their main visionary quit (he lost his touch anyway). The crowds at their shows are now old fat people. They still do okay playing live and everyone knows who they are, but it's nothing like it used to be.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:25 pm

It's just one of many brands in the ever-growing consoom pipeline.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:52 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:11 pm
I think one problem with "Star Wars" is that, in spirit, it's essentially for kids and kids don't care about "Star Wars" these days. At least they don't care about it like they did back in the day. It's not The Greatest Thing Ever anymore like it was when I was a kid in the 80s..
Doesn't help that they made the new films all about referencing the old films. Kids don't give a shit about films from 40 years ago.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:40 pm

But that's all they can do these days. They're so creatively bankrupt that all they know how to do is recycle shit in the hopes that you'll remember a much better movie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:17 pm

Last SW that kids cared for was Clone Wars because the troopers look cool.
Now Pedowood can't even sell dinosaurs to kids anymore because they managed to make Jurassic Park lame and stupid.

I'd hate to be a child these days.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!