Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by veris leta facies » Wed May 12, 2021 1:56 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:54 am
You have forgotten Jar-Jar Binks. He is such a well-developed and multi-faceted character. He's kinda the Han Solo of the prequel trilogy, really.
veris leta facies wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:55 am
SpoilerShow
Why the fuck was that fly's shit so powerful? He could resist the Jedi mind trick and two Jedis with lightsabers were completely helpless against such shitfly, being forced to negotiate. Fucking laughable.
SpoilerShow
Jedi don't really threaten people with their glowsticks if they can get what they want. Unless you're Anakin in a later season of Clone Wars and your nakama aren't currently watching.
The Force resistance is really more of a crutch. I imagine most EU writers used aliens as villains so they could always go "Oh btw my species is immune against mind tricks" whenever they have to write themselves out of a corner.
But he was in the middle of an important mission to stop the plot of the trade union or something and he absolutely needed the part this fly's shit had in order to be successful in his mission. He should have just cut off the fly's head and take the component he needed, surely he would have been able to explain his actions to the Jedi Council later (and why would they even care about some slaver-shitfly in some shithole planet?). Instead he bet on their ship that the boy would win the race, what completely unnecessary and foolish risk-taking. What if the boy had lost? Then they would have been completely screwed. Well, I guess Qui-Gon wasn't just that smart.
Guest wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:40 am
Dissing Duel of the Fates and lying about dated pod racer CGI makes me want to never trust a thing you riggas say again.
To be completely serious, music is the only positive thing that can be said about the prequels.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 12, 2021 3:34 pm

Well, you see, the Jedi of Episode 1 were men of peace.
Though Qui-Gon was not the sharpest tool in the Jedi shed, I give you that.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed May 12, 2021 3:52 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:34 pm
Though Qui-Gon was not the sharpest tool in the Jedi shed, I give you that.
He at least got to enjoy himself. Everyone else in the first movie was living a stale, joyless existence while he got to run around and at least try to do what he thought was right.

Who cares if he didn't become a Force ghost at the end? Probably a good thing he doesn't linger on to see the galaxy become such a mess.
He got to stab robots and gamble with people's lives. Sounds like a life well worth lived.
Last edited by Tony Schiavone on Wed May 12, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 12, 2021 4:01 pm

Actually, he has to have been a Force Ghost because he taught the others how to become ones. Post-mortem.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:52 pm
Who cares if he didn't become a Force ghost at the end?
Didn't he? I could have sworn he did

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 12, 2021 4:57 pm

He's not actually shown on-screen, but in Episode 3 Yoda mentions to Obi-wan how Ghost Qui-gon has talked to him and showed him how to become a Force Ghost (though the latter part is more implied afaik).
It's basically a quick excuse to explain why we haven't actually seen any Force Ghosts in the prequel trilogy. Apparently the Jedi just forgot how to pull it off or something.

You'd think the template of the Jedi had at least one teacher that just happened to be a ghost.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu May 13, 2021 12:36 am

The behind the scenes documentary for Phantom Menace is really good - almost makes buying a dvd of it justifiable.

Podracing is good on paper, it’s kind of a movies worth of material crammed into 20 minutes or however long it was in the movie. Haven’t seen it in decades.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 13, 2021 1:24 am

Now that's true! The making of is pretty good, is full of meme material and is easily better than the movie.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu May 13, 2021 1:40 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:57 pm
He's not actually shown on-screen, but in Episode 3 Yoda mentions to Obi-wan how Ghost Qui-gon has talked to him and showed him how to become a Force Ghost (though the latter part is more implied afaik).
It's basically a quick excuse to explain why we haven't actually seen any Force Ghosts in the prequel trilogy. Apparently the Jedi just forgot how to pull it off or something.

You'd think the template of the Jedi had at least one teacher that just happened to be a ghost.
That actually makes sense. The prequel Jedi haven't had a real enemy for a thousand years and are just fat arrogant tools of the government. Of course they forgot how to do important shit. You know Mace and Yoda were spit roasting Aayla Secure though.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri May 14, 2021 6:26 pm

Lucas is such a weirdo that he accidentally became a good documentary subject.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.