Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:37 am

Yeah, George fucked up the prequels. He was such an out-of-touch idiot fumbling everything during the last decade or so of his career.

The Disney sale seemed like a godsend at first. I thought that Gen X Star Wars fans would finally be in charge of the franchise and set it right. I felt a little nervous when an old boomer woman was put in charge. And then we know how it all turned out. It sucks that this woke clown world shit coincided with the production of the sequel trilogy and shaped the direction of it.

I feel that The Mandalorian, the first season at least, was better than both the prequel and sequel trilogies. It shows that good Star Wars CAN still be done.
Last edited by Liar Revealed on Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
お前はもう死んでいる。

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:40 am

Good writers shouldn't be wasted on franchise trash.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:16 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:37 am
I feel that The Mandalorian, the first season at least, was better than both the prequel and sequel trilogies. It shows that good Star Wars CAN still be done.
Obi Wan should have fit that description. Hayden and Ewan actually trying and being under better direction should have been something Disney saw as a big draw - but they cheaped out on the series, dragged it out too long and inserted shit like Baby Leia, the third of which is the kind of retard shit George would've thought of back when he still owned it.

I'm sure there's an alternate universe where this was a slim, existential movie primarily about Hobo Juan and Anakin's relationship - but that place aint us.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:42 am

Pretty sure George's Baby Leia wouldn't have nearly been as punchable.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:22 pm

The whole thing was Dune and Kurosawa for plebs anyway. I mean, Empire was cool, but the series is massively overrated
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:42 am
Pretty sure George's Baby Leia wouldn't have nearly been as punchable.
I really wouldn't take that bet. Remember Jar Jar? Remember the Ewoks?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:02 pm

Those were punchable because they were annoying comic reliefs, not because George wanted to make a statement about stronk womxn.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:55 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:02 pm
Those were punchable because they were annoying comic reliefs, not because George wanted to make a statement about stronk womxn.
Punchable is punchable. Who cares why they're punchable?

Besides, George is pedowood same as everybody else. He'd definitely go woke like his buddies Spielberg or Kennedy, if he actually still made shit. Remember, he did all that bitching about Red Tails failing at the box office, saying that people didn't watch it because they're racist, even though an HBO film about the Tuskegee airmen was so popular on television that it actually got a few theatrical exhibitions.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:59 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:02 pm
He absolutely would today.
Besides, he's the guy that wrote a backstory for Darth Vader and made him an insufferable, whiny bitch.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:15 pm

I like Georgie's stupid. It's less soulless than the Disney stupid :|
McGinnis wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:55 pm
Besides, George is pedowood same as everybody else. He'd definitely go woke like his buddies Spielberg or Kennedy, if he actually still made shit. Remember, he did all that bitching about Red Tails failing at the box office, saying that people didn't watch it because they're racist, even though an HBO film about the Tuskegee airmen was so popular on television that it actually got a few theatrical exhibitions.
That was him trying to rally the urban market by overhyping his little vanity project into what Black Panther would later get hyped into.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:18 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:15 pm
That was him trying to rally the urban market by overhyping his little vanity project into what Black Panther would later get hyped into.
He was the wrong race to make the film. Officially he didn't direct it, but the word was that George was a control freak (as usual) and took the movie away from the black director, similar to how he took Return of the Jedi away from its director. I'd love to see the original director's cut before George meddled.

Spielberg also got criticized for being the "wrong race" to direct Amistad. That was an Oscar bait movie, although it won none.
お前はもう死んでいる。