Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
McGinnis

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by McGinnis » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:42 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:18 pm
Officially he didn't direct it, but the word was that George was a control freak (as usual) and took the movie away from the black director
He 'took it away' from the black director because the black director was a fucking TV director and didn't know what the fuck he was doing, and also he left the reshoots to go and direct some TV.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:18 pm
Spielberg also got criticized for being the "wrong race" to direct Amistad. That was an Oscar bait movie, although it won none.
He was criticised for being the wrong race long before that, when he made The Color Purple

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:45 pm

I'm sort of with Voice - in the same sense that you see something bad, and then something similar that is much worse comes along and that bad thing seems quaint and charming by comparison.
Revenge of the Sith for example - might be up to the level of a guilty pleasure for me these days, chiefly because of how much worse Rise of Skywalker is.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:50 pm

Revenge of the Sith has dialogue so bad, it becomes really funny - no wonder so much from that movie became a meme. Return of the Soywalkers is just bad, annoying and mean-spirited.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:53 pm

And its transparently ripping off beats from Endgay - which might be the most annoying aspects of it.

No doubt - I'll straight up quote shit from Revenge of the Sith, the dialogue is so lousy it goes full circle and becomes memorable.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:41 pm

I Just thought I share a few Wookiepedia pages.

Urine
Gender (pretty much everyone in this High Republic Era is "non-binary", btw)
Gender/Legends (too old to include the term "non-binary")
Menstruation
Menstruation wrote:Young human women, such as Padmé Amidala, were known to menstruate.
That doesn't sound very inclusive.
In the acknowledgments of Queen's Peril, Johnston gave praise to editor Jennifer Heddle for her work on the book, going on to thank her for helping to ensure that a page on menstruation would be created for Wookieepedia. Johnston later expressed her happiness on her Tumblr blog upon learning that an article had indeed been created. Though the word "menstruation" is used in the book's acknowledgment, the novel itself uses "period," "cycles," and indirect mentions.
God bless those new Star Wars writers.

The one surprising thing is that there is no page about farts, even though they are a central plot point of another book.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I found it :lol:

Gas
Most living beings could also produce gasses through flatulence (informally known as "farting"), as flatulence was the accumulation of gasses in the digestive system which usually needed to be expelled.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:10 pm

YAS QUEEN! Another strong independent black womyn just like Reva! WINNING!!!
Also, reminder that this series is produced by Weinstein's mistress.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:21 pm

Ah yes, that fabled series set during that fancy High Republic era.
Probably means she'll be queer. Not like this was ever meant for China, anyways.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:30 pm

The fabled KoTOR 1 remake - featuring gender- and race-swapping, of course - is pretty much dead.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:33 pm

T-t-t-triple post!

Remember Andor? That promised series about everyone's most favorite and memorable character from Rogue One? Well the series is apparently gonna retcon the fuck out of everything (because continuity is hard and they've already given up on pretending otherwise).
-Yours Truly

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:00 pm

Chewbacca will make an appearance in Andor and it will be revealed that he is trans.