Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:29 pm

Kids still have anime. One Legend of the Overfiend will turn them into a real man.

But I can see why The Mouse moved away from Clone Wars. It's just too violent and downright nationalistic at times, and unlike the High Republic there's really no queer person anywhere in sight (outside of that gay Hutt).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:12 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:29 pm
Kids still have anime.
Do they? Children aren't torrenting the few good ones. At best - and even that is highly unlikely - they have access to Crunchyroll and it's pozzed stream of never-ending shit garbage dubs.
For most, they get what's on TV and that's not a great selection.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:10 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:17 pm
I'd hate to be a child these days.
You'd think with the dearth of watchable consumo media being produced these days that kids would have an opportunity to actually do something interesting with their yoof (like I didn't) but nah.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:12 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Kids still have anime.
Do they? Children aren't torrenting the few good ones.
The lack of piracy among the youth is concerning.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:12 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Kids still have anime.
At best - and even that is highly unlikely - they have access to Crunchyroll and it's pozzed stream of never-ending shit garbage dubs.
For most, they get what's on TV and that's not a great selection.
I don't know if chilluns watch actual TV these days but then again I'm not stupid enough to be a parent so I'm also not stupid enough to subscribe to cable in 2022.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:01 pm

Plenty of parents park their retarded offspring in front of the telly.
Or they hand them a faplet to watch dystopian YT Kids propaganda about pregnant Spooderman.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:15 am

There's always the old stuff you can show your kids. They love repetition when they're really young, so you don't even bed a huge catalog of different episodes or movies anyway.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:42 am

I'm sure the parents that take their kids to tranny rape shows have carefully curated Ninja Turtle and Darkwing Duck VHS tapes for them to view.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:02 am

The Last Jedi was on cable at my job - saw it for about an hour. Neither of the first two sequels are good - number one reason with the benefit of hindsight: Rise of Skywalker makes both of them go down like two points.
If the sequels, this movie included, were well written - TLJ would have benefitted the most.
I can see story beats in this movie that looked good on paper - and would probably have worked with more talented people writing.
It’s also interesting the mix between stupid shit Reann added - and stupid shit of Jar Jars that Reann tried to improve but couldn’t because this trilogy wasn’t set up well.
Like the conversation at the end - about the good guys basically getting routed, might have hit hard if we had an actual grasp on this conflict - the thirty years in between the OT and this shouldn’t have been a void.
Leia Poppins also could have worked if TFA had shown her using the force - or if her using the force was setting up her doing the Holdo maneuver.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:32 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:02 am
this trilogy wasn’t set up well.
That's probably the nicest way to describe this aimless clusterfuck of a "trilogy".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:41 pm

The actors doing press for Rise of Skywalker is close to being as magic as the behind the scenes of Phantom Menace.
None of the movies are good - but TLJ is the only one that I could see the writers, or any reasonable writers, brainstorming these story beats - without figuring out how they’d be incorporated into the movie or mapping out the structure - and thinking they have something decent. The big issue boils down to Reanns execution - he wasn’t talented enough to stick the landing.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:13 pm

Rian's a literal manchild when it comes to his writing; he thinks his subversion passes as "clever storytelling," and yet, anyone with more than two brain cells + actual taste in literature & filmmaking is capable of calling out his obvious bullshitting.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show