Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon May 06, 2024 1:12 am

After Disney no one likes the series anymore. A couple of Emmys for Andor and Mandalorian S1 is the best Jizzney could pull.

The old movies and - guilty pleasure at best though they are - the prequels too, have that feeling that only comes from being the vanity project of a genuine weirdo.

I just disagree with people who can’t tune out the shit content of a franchise. I like Avatar TLA even though the movies a complete failure and the new series will remain unwatched by me.

Or like the elderly Indiana Jones movies might not be great - I like the last third of 5 and the first 3rd of 4 - if you somehow did a DBZ fusion of what works between the two - you could theoretically produce a 4th movie at least on par with Temple of Doom.

That all having been said - Raiders is still tied with The Wild Bunch, Branded to Kill and Outlaw Josey Wales as one of my favorite action movies ever.
Last edited by CuckTurdginson on Mon May 06, 2024 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon May 06, 2024 4:11 am

Never got into The Clone Wars but enjoyed The Bad Batch, it was cool seeing the war and empire taking over from what is essentially a veteran’s point of view.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon May 06, 2024 5:18 am

Clone Wars isn't terrible - but it did inspire all the >muh filloni autism so its not great.
ebin namefag wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 06, 2024 5:29 am

Its greatest sin is not killing off the asshooker. Now any Disney+ series set post-RotJ will be that much worse by the threat of her still existing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon May 06, 2024 7:21 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 5:29 am
Its greatest sin is not killing off the asshooker. Now any Disney+ series set post-RotJ will be that much worse by the threat of her still existing.
She is dead by Rise of Skywalker, though.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 am

I'm sure Filoni can find an excuse how you don't really have to be dead to grant your Power Levels to the Jedi Avatar.
Wouldn't be much of a shock, anyways. All the supernatural shit going on in that movie was just JJ making shit up as he was running out of ideas.

I wouldn't put it entirely past Disney Wars for Ashoka to show up as a teacher in that upcoming Rey movie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 06, 2024 5:35 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:12 am
I just disagree with people who can’t tune out the shit content of a franchise.
I'm very good at that. I just wasn't ever that into Star Wars to begin with.
There's actually not a single movie franchise I've ever been really invested in. Seems really odd to me anyway. There's so fucking little a movie offers, so little time you could spend with it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:19 pm
From my experience people in the real world gave up on Star Wars after the Phantom Menace.
It was obvious after that thing that the IP was going to be Ewoks farting on the screen forever.
No one could have predicted that, some years later, a group of misandrists would make SW movies so shitty that the prequels would look good in comparison.
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:12 am
I just disagree with people who can’t tune out the shit content of a franchise.
When it comes to Star Wars specifically, the shit content is so bad that it made me reevaluate the OG trilogy as trash too.
Mark Hamill being a complete tool online and Disney shills becoming the new weeaboos didn't help either.
But maybe i just don't care about Pedowood in general anymore; foreign movies, b movies and animu are all superior alternatives to that goyslop.
Rushy wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:04 am
The biggest failure is letting your opinion of Disney affect your enjoyment of classics
I like their old animated movies, but in the end the Asterix animated movies and some of the Don Bluth movies (before he went full Georgie) have always been better.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon May 06, 2024 6:48 pm

The Phantom Menace is a genuine disaster, honestly unsalvageable. It's astonishing that Rise of Skywalker is somehow worse.
ebin namefag wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 pm

We where all so innocent back then, thinking it couldn't get any worse.
Complicity wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm
I like their old animated movies, but in the end the Asterix animated movies and some of the Don Bluth movies (before he went full Georgie) have always been better.
Based Asterix. Disney has always been too safe and kid-friendly with their humor.
-Yours Truly