Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 05, 2024 4:46 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:44 pm
HAPPY MAY 4TH.

Dress up as Kylo Ren, stare at your still-in-the-boxes Funko Pop collection, block a "Last Jedi" hater on Twitter, and be inspired by Rey to do great things!
I watched about half of A New Hope and then turned it off. I think the franchise has been well and fully ruined. I can no longer enjoy even the couple of decent movies. :lol: It's all so tiresome...
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun May 05, 2024 4:48 am

Really? I can still watch my theatrical version of Empire and have a nice time with it. Its not something I'm eager to rewatch, though - probably the biggest failure of Disney Wars was turning it into product to consoom.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun May 05, 2024 5:04 am

The biggest failure is letting your opinion of Disney affect your enjoyment of classics
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 05, 2024 7:13 am

It's awfully hard not to, considering even New Hope is full of faggy edits.

My mistake for not tracking down the notoriously hard to find theatrical cuts. I'm not exaggerating when I say that watching Greedo shoot first, Jabba blab about how he loves Han outside the Millennium Falcon, giant Dewback asses covering up the foreground and new "digital" versions of famous practical effects damn near ruined my evening. :lol: I lost all my chill remembering how shit this franchise is.

Not even Peter Cushing could save my mood. He just reminded me I could have been watching Hammer House of Horrors or The House That Bled to Death instead.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun May 05, 2024 11:39 am

You more or less have to torrent, but yes - George's special editions that he put out because he was butthurt at his wife are awful.
ebin namefag wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 05, 2024 1:29 pm

I was never a big fan of the movies anyway. I've seen them once on VHS and never again. I did like the universe in games better. Mostly Dark Forces, Jedi Knight and Rogue Squadron.
I watch at best about five movies a year and I have no desire to watch the digitally messed with versions at any point.

I think it's a missed opportunity by Disney to not offer the original versions.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 05, 2024 2:34 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 1:00 am
Are made-for-TV movies not a thing anymore? I feel like a lot of these Disney+ shows (Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, even Mandalorian) would do a lot better as standalone films. Not theatrical releases, but just feature-length one-offs. They'd probably be more impressive visually too, you could concentrate the budget.
Everything has to be a mini-series these days, which leads to shit like NuTrek requiring an entire mini season to tell a story which RealTrek can cover in 1-2 episodes tops.
You can't even make the case that more episodes = more views, because most people are way more likely to check out a film than to commit to a television series.
It's all about bombarding the customers with as much original content as you can to try and keep him shackled to your subscription service. Quantity is king here, so why make a single movie if you can split up the plot into 6-8 episodes?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 05, 2024 2:56 pm

Gotta tide them over to the next billing month.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun May 05, 2024 3:57 pm

Oversaturate the market!
ebin namefag wrote:

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon May 06, 2024 12:47 am

Nothing can take away my nostalgia boner for old Star Wars. I even love the many Star Wars rip-off movies from the 70s and 80s. I enjoy all aspects of Star Wars and its major place in western culture during the time of the original trilogy.

This is probably because I'm old enough to have seen that first-hand and it's a part of my dreamy early memories. I can separate it from the Disney faggotry because for me it is a different thing with several decades between.

In the end, new Star Wars will never be the force in the culture that old Star Wars was. They ALMOST had that with the frenzy over "The Force Awakens", but they very quickly fucked it up. So I don't care about the new stuff on any level. It has no effect on me. It's just a bunch of clumsy fanfic to laugh about.

Star Wars will never be like THIS again: