The Metal thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: The Metal thread

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:19 pm

What is this shit? Doesn't even sound like IM, more like some leftover track from the first Dickinson solo album and what an absolutely CRAP video, Trump is no longer in power, get the fuck over it already and what a lazy and pathetic critique of capitalism and blah or whatever the fuck it was supposed to be about. But as the comments show, this band can release just about anything and their autistic fans are crying for happiness.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:10 pm

I love to be lectured about the evils of capitalism by old, filthy rich men that own their own airplanes and sue teenagers for thousands over buying a bootleg tape.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:34 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:10 pm
I love old men
Eww!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:58 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:34 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:10 pm
I love old men
Eww!
That's quite the CNN editing.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:09 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:56 pm
Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Once again I tried to get into this album, but I just can't. It's really a total mystery to me why this is considered such a masterpiece by Maiden fans. Most of the songs are far too long and have severe structural imbalances. It's like they are trying to be proggy beyond their musical limits. Riffs are weak and they sound at best like something from b-sides of singles from Maidens golden era. Like the main riff of Speed of Light, which is supposed to be a main single from this album... And the lyrics.. did they made them with some nonsense generator?

Shadows in the stars
We will not return
Humanity won't save us
At the speed of light

I fail to see any connection or continuity in these 4 sentences. Return from where? Who's "we"? Humanity won't save us at the speed of light? Does humanity save us at some other speed? WTF?

And the names of the songs.. The Red and the Black, When the River Runs Deep, Shadows of the Valley, Tears of a Clown.. what a shit names. And "The Man of Sorrows", really? Again? Bruce should've sticked with his solo career. Chemical Wedding and Accident of Birth were vastly superior to anything Maiden have done since. Especially this album.
2DEEP4UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:11 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:19 pm

What is this shit? Doesn't even sound like IM, more like some leftover track from the first Dickinson solo album and what an absolutely CRAP video, Trump is no longer in power, get the fuck over it already and what a lazy and pathetic critique of capitalism and blah or whatever the fuck it was supposed to be about. But as the comments show, this band can release just about anything and their autistic fans are crying for happiness.
Who is the guy on the ching chong dragon supposed to be?
Kim, Xi, or Trump again?

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:13 am

veris leta facies wrote:

I liked it and the video. I didn't see any critique of Capitalism, I did see a critique of world leaders/"elites", and their zogbots though. I liked the opening, decent mix of American blue grass and euro folk. Liked the lyrics. Nice wailing solo.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:39 am

Can't understand a thing they're saying, but I guess they're Germans or something. Girl's cute.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:49 am

What do you mean " they are saying"? The song is in English. Did you link the wrong video?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:36 pm

MegaNigger wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:13 am
veris leta facies wrote:

I liked it and the video. I didn't see any critique of Capitalism, I did see a critique of world leaders/"elites", and their zogbots though. I liked the opening, decent mix of American blue grass and euro folk. Liked the lyrics. Nice wailing solo.
If there is something positive to say about the track, it's indeed the solo. Adrian Smith is still keeping it real.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.