Release the Garbage Cut

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Release the Garbage Cut

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:41 am

You'll know it was a hit if we get the Ayer and Yang cuts.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:43 am

They don't have the fanbase Snyder does. People have wanted the Ayer cut for years now - but Ayer has no cult of personality.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:01 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:41 am
You'll know it was a hit if we get the Ayer and Yang cuts.
Yang? Yang Gang Yang?

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:04 am

I can see an Ayer cut of Suicide Squad happening because they need content for HBO Max and doing that’s probably cheaper then making a movie from scratch.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:20 pm

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256590 ... ht-against

Fisher is such a whiny bitch. Oh my God. My character got fucked up in the film to show the villians is a threat. :lol:
In both versions of Justice League, the titular team of heroes face off against Steppenwolf a number of times. In the controversial theatrical cut, the final battle sees Ciaran Hinds' villain tearing Cyborg's leg off. It turns out that this moment could have been more grisly, with the hero being ripped apart limb by limb. Ray Fisher pushed back on that idea, recently sharing:

Had I not been so welcomed in the initial process I might not have felt as comfortable speaking up about those circumstances. But I had to try to rein those guys in. It was not a good look to essentially pull this Black man, who has already endured so much physical trauma, limb from limb.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:13 pm

It was not a good look to essentially pull this Black man, who has already endured so much physical trauma, limb from limb.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Is he srsly offended by this? He plays a type of capeshitter most suited for battle damage.
I mean, how often do you see Tony Stark's power armor getting fucked up during a final confrontation? Pretty much all the time. It's even "better" if you're a cyborg or robot like, well, Cyborg since that means you can also lose limbs with no lasting harm.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:24 pm

They can replace Ray and nobody would notice. Just like Marvel did with War Machine.
お前はもう死んでいる。

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:00 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:20 pm
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256590 ... ht-against

Fisher is such a whiny bitch. Oh my God. My character got fucked up in the film to show the villians is a threat. :lol:
In both versions of Justice League, the titular team of heroes face off against Steppenwolf a number of times. In the controversial theatrical cut, the final battle sees Ciaran Hinds' villain tearing Cyborg's leg off. It turns out that this moment could have been more grisly, with the hero being ripped apart limb by limb. Ray Fisher pushed back on that idea, recently sharing:

Had I not been so welcomed in the initial process I might not have felt as comfortable speaking up about those circumstances. But I had to try to rein those guys in. It was not a good look to essentially pull this Black man, who has already endured so much physical trauma, limb from limb.
How is this any different then “Doge didn’t let me use my magic hammer”?

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:48 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:54 pm
Do we know any real numbers?
It seems there are multiple warring factions at Warner right now. The Whedon and Abrams factions hate the Snyder factions. They will say anything to make the other factions look bad.

So I'm hearing two completely different things: that Snyder cut was a huge success and that it was a huge bomb.
The hard truth is that no one outside of the industry knows for certain. Box office results are easy to understand, whereas judging a movie's performance on streaming is complicated. Reports say that 1.8 million American households watched Snyder's movie during its opening weekend. Is that good or bad? No idea. All that I know is that both Wonder Woman 1984 and Godzilla vs. Kong did better; WW84 scored 2.2 million views it during its opening weekend, and GvK got 3.6 million. Going by these numbers, it's tempting to say that Snyder's movie isn't the huge hit that Warner Bros. was hoping for, but I can't say that with certainty since we don't know enough to designate what makes an HBO Max movie a hit or flop. This mess makes me yearn for the days when a movie came out in theaters and we were able to easily and quickly figure out how it did commercially.