Release the Garbage Cut

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
BenComicGraphics

Release the Garbage Cut

Post by BenComicGraphics » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:20 pm

Now that self important millionaire directors feel like they have the right to get paid millions to go into the editing bay and recut movies however they want, what is the worst threatened recut we can expect?

Snyder cut will be so garbage that everyone will realize Joss Whedon attempted a major miracle in fixing that movie.

The threatened 3.5 hour Ghostbusters cut is never going to happen.

Interestingly, I saw some people going "Release the Stoltz cut" based on the fact Tom Wilson said 90% of bttf was filmed with Stoltz.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Release the Garbage Cut

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:42 pm

"Release the Kevin Spacey cut" of All the Money in the World.

That one really was completed and in the can before reshoots.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:48 pm

The Lucas cut of Episode Nein. That would probably be the cheapest option to do ye olde "Desparately trying to salvage a franchise you FUBARed by making one last movie with the bloke who did the part of the franchise people are actually nostalgic about"-move.

I would like to make more interesting suggestion, but I'm not exactly an otaku when it comes to unreleased movie cuts.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:55 pm

There are a lot of 80s movies that suffered from Studio interference that I'd love to see fixed. But the older the movie is, the lower the chance of that happening.

I'd like to see Shatner's director's cut of Star Trek V with brand new special effects replacing those PS1-looking ones.
お前はもう死んでいる。

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:02 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:48 pm
The Lucas cut of Episode Nein. That would probably be the cheapest option to do ye olde "Desparately trying to salvage a franchise you FUBARed by making one last movie with the bloke who did the part of the franchise people are actually nostalgic about"-move.

I would like to make more interesting suggestion, but I'm not exactly an otaku when it comes to unreleased movie cuts.
Do the JarJew Abrams cut of Episode 8.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Neither an Abrams cut nor a Lucas cut of Episode IX will ever happen because Disney almost never does alternate cuts. Whereas other studios are willing to admit their fuckups and let directors recut their films if there's demand, Disney are downright Orwellian when it comes to maintaining their image. Plus Lucas didn't direct Episode IX, which makes it even more unlikely that we'll ever get to see what he put together. All of that said, if it exists, I would love to see the Kennedy cut. If the rumors are true, her cut of the film is 10x worse than what was put in theaters; it sounds like a hilariously awful trainwreck.

As for terrible director's cuts that could happen, considering Warner Bros. are willing to let Snyder blow tens of millions of dollars on recutting a movie that bombed so hard, it seems inevitable that we'll get the director's cut of Suicide Squad.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:05 pm

I'd love a proper cut of Event Horizon but that's unlikely to happen.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:52 pm

Last I heard, the cut footage had been stored in a fucking salt mine and as a result was totally unusable. Shout Factory just announced that they're working on a collector's edition release and are trying to track down other copies of the cut footage. If they fail to turn anything up, then I think it's safe to say we'll never see a director's cut of it.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:05 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:52 pm
Last I heard, the cut footage had been stored in a fucking salt mine and as a result was totally unusable. Shout Factory just announced that they're working on a collector's edition release and are trying to track down other copies of the cut footage. If they fail to turn anything up, then I think it's safe to say we'll never see a director's cut of it.
Yeah, it's a real shame. It's still a great movie but it has obviously been butchered quite a bit for ratings. I still hope at least something happens in that regard.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 pm

Just hire a hentai studio to provide some guro scenes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette