Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:53 pm

Better stick to The Blagole.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:53 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:23 pm
I love "The Black Hole".
We've heard enough about your wife already!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:57 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:44 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:40 pm
SpoilerShow
So, the main character wasn't insane or anything, it was this mysterious cult that was pulling the strings behind everything. Ooooh, how original and intelligent writing, except that all of this has been done in the past with much smarter scripts in movies like Rosemary's Baby and Wicker Man.
If you think Hereditary ripped off Wicker Man, check out Midsommar, written and directed by the same fuckface that made Hereditary. Midsommar is an even bigger ripoff.
Hereditary didn't rip off Wicker Man, I just meant that the similar main idea of the plot was better implemented in WM. Midsommar? I think I got enough of Ari Aster, I'm not going to suffer through his 150 min long cuckoldry fantasy.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:03 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:57 pm
Rapeculture wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:44 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:40 pm
SpoilerShow
So, the main character wasn't insane or anything, it was this mysterious cult that was pulling the strings behind everything. Ooooh, how original and intelligent writing, except that all of this has been done in the past with much smarter scripts in movies like Rosemary's Baby and Wicker Man.
If you think Hereditary ripped off Wicker Man, check out Midsommar, written and directed by the same fuckface that made Hereditary. Midsommar is an even bigger ripoff.
Hereditary didn't rip off Wicker Man, I just meant that the similar main idea of the plot was better implemented in WM. Midsommar? I think I got enough of Ari Aster, I'm not going to suffer through his 150 min long cuckoldry fantasy.
Lol, good deal. :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:36 am

Lol. How bad do you have to be to make The Last Jedi look good? :lol: But seriously no one asked for another Matrix movie. The last 2 we're complete garbage.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:28 am

It’s definitely a mess, but it doesn’t bungle the tone as bad as Last Jedi did.
First act is a subversion of “Force Awakensing” an old series - and there’s a fight at the end where The Matrix is tossing randos at Neo and Trinity (as in they jump out windows and fall from the sky) that gets close to hitting Reloadeds bombast.
There’s stuff that sucks too - like Trinitys husband in the New Matrix is literally named Chad. :lol: it’s definitely a mess.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:31 am

Lul nobody should have expected the movie to be good. I'm not watching that shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:44 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:28 am
There’s stuff that sucks too
Never expected that.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:46 am

Also watched the 2015 Mr Holmes, with Ian McKellen. This one really impressed me. I just expected it to be your usual "dementia is sad" film, but it actually didn't go down that route. I'm not 100% sure if it was intentional, but there's a very meta ending, where Holmes suddenly recovers from his illness and the kid (who got stung by like a thousand wasps) gets better. This happens right after Holmes learns the value of telling people a happy fiction over a terrible reality, so I'm wondering if the film intentionally did it as a kind of "false ending", especially since the kid died in the book this was based on.

But other than that, McKellen's obviously a solid Holmes, and the mysteries introduced (because of course there's mysteries) are all satisfyingly resolved. So I felt quite happy with it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:45 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:28 am
Trinitys husband in the New Matrix is literally named Chad. :lol: it’s definitely a mess.
Let me fucking guess- He represents Toxic Masculinity and he needs to be put back in his place! -Right? :D