Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:20 pm

Craig Bond is Bond for people who don't like Bond. Only thing they get right is the level of gadgets and even that they folded on

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:05 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:16 pm
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:35 pm
My *guess*, emphasis there, this is all conjecture - is that his daughter grows up to be Daisy Ridley and she’s the next Bond.
Broccoli confirmed that Bond will remain male.
They can make it a reverse Sleepaway Camp where his daughter gets turned into a real boy.
Then again the Left doesn't like FTMs that much because they are "less oppressed" or some shit.
veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:12 pm
The Bond franchise has been garbage since Dr. No
FTFY.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:03 pm

Fucking Sleepaway Camp. Goddamn, that ending fucking murdered me. :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:37 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:05 pm
Then again the Left doesn't like FTMs that much because they are "less oppressed" or some shit.
No one really gives a shit about FTMs which is a big reason why dickgurls outnumber them by about 30 to 1.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:08 am

I liked Thunderball, rape and all. Tomorrow Never Dies I think is really underrated - Jonathan Pryce is fucking hammy and it’s absolutely delightful. He’s getting news about the possibility of starting nuclear winter and he looks like he has a boner.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:06 pm

Having seen some of the designs from David Bruckner’s new Hellraiser film, they pay homage to what the first film created, but then take it to places it’s never been before. This is a Hellraiser on a scale that I simply didn’t expect. David and his team are steeped in the story’s mythology, but what excites me is their desire to honor the original even as they revolutionize it for a new generation.” – Clive the cuck

With emphasis on the red flag.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:12 pm

Best comment:

"Nobody cares."

Goddamn right.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:18 pm

>trying to squeeze cash out of a dead franchise by bringing back one of the original creators (and probably ripping off the original movies people actually care about for peak nostalgia)

This never fails :roll:

>take it to places it’s never been before

They already had one in space and one about a vidja game. There's only one place left: da hood.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:42 pm

Body Count (1986)

I've been aware of this film since the early 90's, but just now got to watch it. We used to have the video censorship law during 1988-2000 that restricted the distribution of violent films in the country. If the film contained a little more violence than a regular R-rated Hollywood mainstream film, it usually ended up on the list of completely banned films, even some R-rated movies ended up on the list. I remember Terminator 2 got first banned completely, but the distributor of the film made a complaint about it and by some miracle trade the film was finally allowed to show here, completely uncut even!

However, slasher movies (and more generally, films in which women are subjected to violence like giallos) were just the kind of films that the Board of Film Classification especially hated. Slasher films like this one were virtually always automatically banned. I don't think the movie reviewers of the state even watched these movies, they just gave them a direct ban based on the genre. I remember they used this film as an example in one of the propaganda TV-programs defending the film censorship in the 90's. Some old dumb broad was so horrified by all that awful, horrible shit that was going on in this film and how we need to protect our youth from this kind of trash. Well, fuck you motherfucker, I know what I want from my entertainment, I don't need any state crank to protect me from "trash". You can keep your Gone with the Wind and It's a Wonderful Life, they are trash to me.

The video censorship nonsense is now thankfully just a distant memory and all movies can be ordered or streamed in the blink of an eye. Finally I got around to watch this, but unfortunately it's pretty bad, quite clearly the worst of Deodato's films that I've seen. Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man, The Atlantis Interceptors, The House on the Edge of the Park, Last Cannibal World and, of course, the notorious Cannibal Holocaust are all vastly better films. The plot is silly and confusing, the kills are fairly uninspiring and despite its short duration, the film seems to repeat itself quite insanely. There is however a fair amount of tits and asses. The ending is complete nonsense.

5/10 Watchable, but the director is capable of much, much better.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:45 pm

I finally watched the theatrical cut of Blade Runner. I had only seen the director's cut before and it really came as a surprise how similar both versions are. TC includes narration (which has generally been hated, but it didn't bother me much) and different ending (I prefer the DC ending), but otherwise they are pretty much the same thing.

It's funny how Deckard is supposedly this uber-badass replicant-hunter, but he gets his ass kicked by EVERY replicant he meets and seems to defeat those by pure luck. And what is this bullshit about Deckard being a replicant himself? Absolutely nothing indicates that in the movie and it would be completely nonsensical anyway, he is clearly much worse than any replicant he meets, if he would be replicant himself why the fuck would he have been made so weak? All this Deckard being replicant nonsense seems to be just some retarded fan theory making the movie seem to be "deeper" than it really is.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.