Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:35 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:41 am
Black lady is barely in the movie.
How long till she will claim her character was supposed to be the main attraction, but then the studio gave in to racists?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:51 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:35 pm
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:41 am
Black lady is barely in the movie.
How long till she will claim her character was supposed to be the main attraction, but then the studio gave in to racists?
If she wasn’t killed off in NTTD she’s getting killed off in the next film then she’ll go all John Boyaga.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:35 pm

She is involved in a plurality of the action scenes - but tangentially and she doesnt really upstage Bond re: the plot. Him having a daughter and getting killed are what I think will wind up pissing more fans off. They kill Felix and Blofeld in the first hour, too. My *guess*, emphasis there, this is all conjecture - is that his daughter grows up to be Daisy Ridley and she’s the next Bond.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:16 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:35 pm
My *guess*, emphasis there, this is all conjecture - is that his daughter grows up to be Daisy Ridley and she’s the next Bond.
Broccoli confirmed that Bond will remain male.

Anyway, just got back from seeing the movie. It was good - not god-tier Bond, but for me, easily the best of the Daniel Craig era. They really tried to aim for that 1960s flavor here, with a shit-ton of Dr No and On Her Majesty's Secret Service references. And I like that version of Bond so much more than the dour melodrama of early Craig, so I didn't mind much. Craig himself is in full "Diamonds Are Forever" no shits given mode, and is much more likable than usual.

Paloma is by far the best Bond girl since, I dunno, Goldeneye? Maybe that CIA agent in Licence To Kill? I love how optimistic she is, and she bounces off of Craig's Bond really well.

I also really enjoyed Blofeld, mainly because the film seems self-aware of how shit he and SPECTRE are in this universe. Both are axed in really amusing and pathetic ways. The actual main villain is basically Dr No with a new name. Malek goes for a creepy vibe, which sort of works, but his motivation is hazy even by Bond standards, so that kinda brings the film down. Great lair, though.

Lashana Lynch does a similar shtick to Agent XXX in The Spy Who Loved Me, where she's sort of a rival to Bond, but grows to respect him(as predicted by people with half a brain cell). She's fine, not in it too much.

Loved Ralph Fiennes in this film. He's put on some weight and really looks like the original M now. The fact that he's involved with the villainous scheme gives Fiennes something to chew on as an actor(him and Bond arguing over it was the dramatic high point of the film for me). I'm glad we were spared another Judi Dench cameo.

Overall, 8/10, this is definitely a Bond flick I can imagine myself just lazily watching on a Sunday and that's how I like my Bond flicks.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:40 am

My beef with Paloma is she gets one scene, a solid action beat - and she's gone. Screen time couldn't have been longer than 3-4 minutes.

It probably should have been Moneypenny in that rival role, if you're going to do it. It was set up in Skyfall that she was going to be more active in future plots, but here and in Spectre she's out of focus in the background - the Craig movies love their >muh continuity anyway because, not to sound like Movieblob, but they are likely trying to ape Mahvel a little.

I'd prefer if this and most action movies like John Wick and Mission Impossible still dominated the market, tho. I almost always enjoy them more than capeshit.
ebin namefag wrote:
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:46 am

Beats the movie length soap opera that is capeshit.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:12 am

Rushy wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:16 pm
Broccoli confirmed that Bond will remain male.
Only because of the universally negative reaction to the idea of making Bond a black woman.
They really tried to aim for that 1960s flavor here, with a shit-ton of Dr No and On Her Majesty's Secret Service references.
Oh boy, references! The hallmark of quality.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:24 am

Watching Thunderball - apparently there’s a seduction scene that’s got shitlib panties in a twist. Bonds recuperating and has a back and forth flirtation with his nurse. He kisses her and she pulls away - she doesn’t smack him and goes back to quipping. No complaining to her boss. He is getting his spine stretched and a bad guy increases the speed to unsustainable levels. She comes back in and fixes everything and calls him a poor thing. He quips and says he’d have to be bought for a price and they bone in the shower. These articles are saying that’s rape - and that he coerced her despite his sarcasm being very clear. I assume she can pick up on tone and inflection, but this writer doesn’t. I watch the Connery Bonds with a disconnect, because separating fact from fiction seems like an important skill that you should learn to become an adult. But this doesn’t have the iffy ness of some other moments, in the logic of movie land it plays well enough.
ebin namefag wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:20 am

The whole point of bond movies is male fantasy. It's like bitching that rom-com trash displays men in unrealistic ways, or that those dime-store romance novels hold sexist views of men.

Bond isn't a rapist. He's that uber-chad that every guy would like to be at one point during his life. He enjoys the best of everything in life, including women. And the women flock to him. He has his pick. He's not holding them down and raping them like some muslim gang does with a female reporter IRL.

Those old movies were lighthearted and fun. The women had names like "pussy galore" and the films were called shit like "octopussy." The villain was always twirling his mustache over an improbable plan that involved lasers or some other dank maymay that would never work in real life. Is that also a problem because it paints an unrealistic view of science? A handsome, apparently affluent man fucking beautiful women with no strings attached is not exactly the most crazy fantasy in the world. Bond drives fast cars for no reason, even though owning or driving a fast sports car would make a spy way more obvious than if he took the bus or drove a grey sedan. He's handsome, fit and with a license to kill, because that's COOL. If he were a fat, balding spy who took the bus while in deep cover, speaking fluent Russian and working as a telephone operator for the Kremlin, it'd be a totally different genre.

The goal of these sjw types is to remove fun wherever they find it. They see an old movie that people like and their first thought is to ruin the fun everyone else is having and make the IP as dour and unpleasant as they themselves are.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:12 pm

I pretty much agree with tictac here, Bond is male fantasy, a superman who is absolutely superior in his intelligence, wit, and bravery to others, a man whose magic penis no woman can resist and who single-handedly solves the threats to the world. These films don't have to be more "realistic" or make Bond more humane. Bond movies really don't have to have scenes where Bond cries, for example. There's no need to go through any of Bond's family backgrounds, his past or anything else of that shit.

The Bond franchise has been garbage since Quantum of Solace, I have no interest in watching any of the Bond films produced by this production team anymore. Those who have seen the film seem to have some sort of consensus that this is not as shit as Spectre, but perhaps on the same level as Skyfall (which makes it garbage in my books). However, there's no point in crying about "fominism ruined muh franchise!" I have no problem just stating that this series is crap these days and it doesn't sell to me anymore. The great thing about a free market economy is that everyone can vote with their wallet, demand for old-fashioned Bond films has not disappeared anywhere and as the Bond franchise moves out of this area, new entrants will take over the need for this demand. Rushy likes the nu-male Bond films? Good for him. It's OK to like shit.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.