Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Speaking of season 1: Dafuq if up with the poor advertizing on that one? I swear most of the young WW2 fantards have never even watched season one. They all start with season 2 because of their otaku boner for power level escalation.

I mean, srsly. Nukes? Last season they barely had flying combat vehicles worth a shit and now these so-called "airplanes" are one-shotting entire cities?! It's like they wrote themselves in a corner when they had to conclude the Pacific Arc.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:31 pm

It's a bad example of trope writing and power creep in shounen anime like these. And Doki Doki WW2 IS shounen. People get confused because they think shounen has to be happy all the time. The writers were clearly thinking to themselves, "we had toxic gas that could kill anyone who breathed it in last season! That was scary! But now our heroes are more mature and more powerful. We can't use the same gas again. We need a new superweapon that gas masks can't stop." So they invented the nuclear bomb aka super saiyan explosives god. Pretty lazy writing tbh. First a gas that kills anything and now a bomb that kills everything and spreads a magic zone of death that persists for years after it explodes. Then the writers don't know what to do with the instadeath bomb, so they drop it on a single country twice and never use it again or bring it up.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:14 pm

WW1 was much more smartly written and sophisticated with great protagonists and antagonists whereas WW2 went for a charicaturial big bad evil guy that was hard to take seriously.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:22 pm

お前はもう死んでいる。

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:19 pm
So it would seem the SJWs have fully conquered Anime News Network.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/site-n ... es/.133595

Whenever shit like this gets announced on a forum, it usually means the end of anything even remotely resembling free speech.
That place is shit anyway. They sat down together to watch a Sword Art Online movie.

Try this site though I never use it so I don't know if its good or even has a forum.

https://randomc.net/
https://randomc.net/about-this-site/

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:14 pm
WW1 was much more smartly written and sophisticated with great protagonists and antagonists whereas WW2 went for a charicaturial big bad evil guy that was hard to take seriously.
I agree, Churchill was written much too broadly.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:38 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:00 am
Wasn't that the one with the Surprise Jew Conspiracy at the end?
The big reveal.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:00 pm
I mean, srsly. Nukes? Last season they barely had flying combat vehicles worth a shit and now these so-called "airplanes" are one-shotting entire cities?! It's like they wrote themselves in a corner when they had to conclude the Pacific Arc.
The worst thing is that they went no where with the nukes. They keep doing this spin off shit rather than getting on with it and doing part 3 but I think they are holding off until no one watches because where the hell do you go from there?

That Cold War arc was the absolute worst, it looked like they were building to something with that Cuban missile crisis, but nope, just another bullshit tease for season 3. Half Life 3 will come out before they put it another season of World War.

And what a shit way to end that arc. Russia just collapses on its own, what the fuck is that? It's like if Goku confronted Freiza but Freiza catches a cold all of a sudden and died. They were clearly meant to finish it with Cuba but padded it out until it became a bloated mess. This is why a shounen series should never get popular, they never fucking end, and with Cold War they clearly gave up at the end because they ran out of ideas. That had to be the most anti climatic ending in the history of anime.

I stopped watching after that. I hear this War of Terror arc is pure shit, they are trying to do the whole Russia thing again which is just a joke. People keep telling me "this Trump guy is crazy man, I think they are finally going to do it" but it's too late now. They had their chance and they got greedy, even if they did Season 3 they have cock teased too many times and made too much filler.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:17 pm

Anything after WW2 is just straight-up filler, with just a bunch of unconnected one-off villains. This is up there with animu Naruto and post-Deicide Bleach in terms of stupid.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:22 pm
I'm glad some other websites have picked up on ANN's SJW bullshit.
https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2018/07/ ... nt-2057415
Sankaku Komplex is like 1/4 gaming news, 1/4 Glorious Nihon idols, 1/4 ecchi and 1/4 other fanservice. They are our only hope in these progressive times.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:00 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:17 pm
They are our only hope in these progressive times.
They'll get us through dark times.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.