Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:48 am

Most likely the latter then the former

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:47 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:46 am
I wonder: did he want that cashier fired for using "The R-Word", or because he had a different taste in movies?
Yes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:44 pm

The first part of the story maybe happened, the second part was fiction. The little bitch never Karened the manager, he instead went straight to Twitter for asspats to assuage his triggering.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:01 pm

If it happens according to twitter it's as good as a historical fact for these people.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:01 pm
If it happens according to twitter it's as good as a historical fact for these people.
History is all lies anyway.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:16 am

Just got done reading Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

This book was written in 1977, with the intention of possibly making a low budget sequel to A New Hope if that movie should bomb. Obviously it didn't, so this remains a curio.

I had a really positive experience with this. It very much feels like a product of that era, with the same kind of earnest creativity and sense of adventure despite the lower stakes. A lot of this novel is just Luke, Leia and the droids wandering around a mysterious jungle planet. Sort of like the first Ewok movie, if anybody watched that.

It's leisurely, but there's something new and interesting on every page, whether it be a new quirky character, some ancient ruins, a wacky monster, an underground crystal wonderland etc.

A slight disappointment is that Darth Vader only appears in the final act. He completely steals the show and has a terrific duel with Luke and Leia, but I would have liked to have seen more. The main villain is the Imperial officer in charge of the planet. He's actually quite intellectual and interesting in his own right, but gets overshadowed by Vader in the end.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:36 am

It brilliantly foreshadowed how you will not be taken seriously as a Star Wars EU villain unless you have a red glowstick (or better yet more than one).
Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:16 am
Sort of like the first Ewok movie, if anybody watched that.
Fuck me, that has been so long. Most of my remaining Ewok memories are from the sequel, though.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:01 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:30 am
Could have actually happened but I doubt it.
Got a complaint in a similar fashion once. I assured that I'd speak with the employee. I did. We had a good laugh about that ridiculous faggot for years, akin to "You remember when that retarded faggot came to complain about Star Wars?".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:20 pm

Anybody seen the new Boba Fett show? I downloaded the first episode a couple days ago, but haven't bothered to watch it yet. I never bothered with the anime either and that was months ago.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:47 pm

Isn't that The Mandorian, the show all about a planet full of Bobba Fetts and their wacky adventures?