Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:00 pm

Unless it turns out that Peter was born a female.
I'm sure there's already fanart out with him having masectomy scars. That's how all the cool kids draw their male idols these days.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:17 pm

None of the Spider-Man side characters Sony owns can sell a movie. Venom was kind of a fluke. I don't think any more Venom movies will do well. Gen X and Millennials like the character and wanted to see him done justice for once.

Marvel and Sony are trying their damndest to make people like Miles Morales so that they can replace Peter Parker with him. Not sure if that will ever work.
お前はもう死んでいる。

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:39 pm

The Spiderverse movies have been successful, but they’re very isolated.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:11 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:17 pm
Marvel and Sony are trying their damndest to make people like Miles Morales so that they can replace Peter Parker with him. Not sure if that will ever work.
Don't forget Spider-Gwen. God I fucking hate that name.
And the big problem with Miles is that he has no capeshitter identity of its own. He's just also Spider-Man, except the actual Spider-Man is still around, so everyone has to call him Miles Morales so you know who the fuck you're talking about.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:56 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:39 pm
The Spiderverse movies have been successful, but they’re very isolated.
Yes, but people are seeing those for Spider-Man, even if he is animated.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:11 pm
And the big problem with Miles is that he has no capeshitter identity of its own. He's just also Spider-Man, except the actual Spider-Man is still around, so everyone has to call him Miles Morales so you know who the fuck you're talking about.
That conflation is intentional. So when they take away Peter Parker, they hope we won't notice.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:19 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:17 pm
None of the Spider-Man side characters Sony owns can sell a movie. Venom was kind of a fluke.
Venom only works/worked because Tom Hardy's default response to a bad script is to start experimenting. I really appreciate that about him. At his worst, he's still memorable.

Dakota Johnson doesn't have that knack, and Jared Leto's been regarded as a complete joke ever since Suicide Squad. He might experiment, but in a stupid and insincere way.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:43 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:50 pm
>the plot of this garbage

Thank you! Also, the answer is "absolutely nobody".
Didn't know this movie was coming, have never heard about "Miss Web" and couldn't possibly give less of a shit if I tried.

Nobody goes to watch it because absolutely no one knows anything about this. I bet the fucker that penciled the comics didn't remember anymore either. Irrelevant doesn't even begin to describe it.
Even talking about it feels like astroturfing.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:50 am

Kugel isn't wrong here, but sometimes I feel as if one could reply "who cares" to literally any post and he would cheer it on. I'd crown him king of apathy, but I know he wouldn't care.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:06 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:43 am
Didn't know this movie was coming, have never heard about "Miss Web" and couldn't possibly give less of a shit if I tried.

Nobody goes to watch it because absolutely no one knows anything about this. I bet the fucker that penciled the comics didn't remember anymore either. Irrelevant doesn't even begin to describe it.
Even talking about it feels like astroturfing.
I only know of her from that '90s Spider-Man cartoon. The character was an old woman played by Stan Lee's wife, so I don't know where Sony gets off portraying her as some young slut.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:26 am

Rushy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:50 am
Kugel isn't wrong here, but sometimes I feel as if one could reply "who cares" to literally any post and he would cheer it on. I'd crown him king of apathy, but I know he wouldn't care.
I don't like dumbass qualifiers like "in my opinion" being used in overabundance. Especially not when it's a statement outside of pure opinion and just used to try and not offend.

I'm absolutely exaggerating when I say that nobody remembers. The hyperbole is obvious. The drawback is that it has diminishing returns, especially when dumbass movie studios keep digging out more and more obscure capeshit characters.

Look, they are forcing my hand!
Aquaman? Nobody cares. Actual meme. Antman? Likewise but possibly a more interesting premise to the general population.
The Marvels? Come the fuck on, man! People perhaps know a single guy that is into comics and he may just have read an issue. Chances are he (and it absolutely is going to be a he) didn't care for it at all.

Now they hit me with that Miss Web shit.
What could I possibly say? More people know and like Dickbutt. More people could tell you who is currently 5th place in the Irish handball league.
It's a fucking flop? Yeah, no shit it is! Shovelware on Steam and Switch garner more attention.

It's really difficult to find an example of anything anyone genuinely gave less of a fuck about without hyperbole. Cut me some slack!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!