Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:52 am

And just like that, another reboot attempt forgotten forever. Thanks for playing everyone! Like The Thing, it will cease to trouble collective memory and we can all go back to referring to Cowboy Bebop as if the remake never existed at all.
SpoilerShow
Seriously, when was the last time you heard a single person say anything about the Evil Dead or The Thing reboots? When people say those names, we all think of the old movies still.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:16 am

It will be the same thing with the LotR Amazon flick, this Wheel of Time show seems to be the same kind of uninspired cashgrab as well. The fate of mist of these remakes and live-action adaptations is exactly that, mediocre oblivion. Only real shitshows like Cisbusters somewhat enter the popular mind for a while.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:16 am

Live-action Faye is so, so hot.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:40 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:16 am
Live-action Faye is so-so
There, fixed it for you. The live action actress gets outdone by a fucking cartoon

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:47 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:40 am
The live action actress gets outdone by a fucking cartoon
Twas ever thus!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:13 am

Cartoons will always triumph, because live-action is icky.

And I knew there was something fishy about a second season not already being greenlit. Did the folks over at Netflix have a moment of lucidity? Hopefully it'll last long enough to realize that Wan Piss can only be an even bigger and more expensive trainwreck.
Also looking forward to the Beeb-Boop actors (most likely the female ones) having a meltdown on social media and ranting about the terrible filming conditions.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:45 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:13 am
Did the folks over at Netflix have a moment of lucidity?
Heavens no.

My theory is that because the critics also hated it, they killed it. If the critics had loved it then they would have renewed it despite the fact that only the most soy of soys didn't despise it intensely, and the ratings fell off a cliff after the first week.

Just look at Disenchantment, that Matt Groening show that manages to be worse than Zombie Simpsons AND Zombie Futurama put together, and is easily one of the worst things I've ever seen. They fucking renewed that for another 20 episodes. Why? Literally no real person I can think of actually liked it and no one watches or talks about it. Why? Because the critics were broadly positive toward it, that's why.

Another good example is Star Trek Discovery or STD. No one liked it, no one watches it but it's still going on even though all the real people hate it, because the critics are propping it up

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:21 pm

>Disenchantment is still going

What the fuuuu :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:15 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:21 pm
>Disenchantment is still going

What the fuuuu :lol:
I'm just as surprised. I ha end heard about it from anyone or anywhere since the first episode was out.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:29 pm

Yeah, aside from >muh medieval lore, there's not really much to look forward to Disenchantment. Zombie Simpsons/Futurama is what, some bland/forgettable episodes that garner a couple laugh or has this weird soulless feel to them?

Disenchantment on the other hand, was just boring as hell. Futurama broke ground away from the Simps while Disenchantment couldn't get away from either show. I mean ffs, there was a medieval episode of the Simpsons that came out in between the year of Disenchantment's announcement and premiere so it's almost hard not to compare them.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.