"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:35 pm

Complicity wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:36 pm
He was moderately successful decades ago, when he made Clerks.
It has been all downhill since then, and now he's just a washed up, miserable clown who thinks that the sentence "Batman wears a mask" is a factual, witty comeback.
I don't care for Smith but he has tons of money, a wife, a daughter, is regularly sexually active, gets to play with DC, Marvel and now Mattel's toys and is the go-to guy for when the media needs a 'nerd''. He also doesn't go on about exterminating the wasteland ghouls because they bullied him in school. So my claim that he's considerably more successful than Blob, and less sociopathic, was entirely accurate.
He also managed to successfully lose weight, whereas Blob will die of diabetes related health complications
Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:25 pm
Smith is on video saying He-Man sucks years ago. Agree that he was too old to have been into it as a kid. Now he pretends like he was a life-long fan. I can see why people are bothered by that in addition to the woke bait-and-switch he tried to pull.
If you know Kevin Smith's work from comics, he does stuff like this. He's claimed to be a big fan of Batman, Daredevil, Spider-Man and many others and yet when DC and Marvel let him write those characters he basically just took a big shit all over them. It really is a good thing that he's a lazy sack of shit and couldn't be bothered to finish half the stories that he wrote, otherwise he'd be a lot more destructive than he was

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:42 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:35 pm
I don't care for Smith but he has a wife, a daughter, is regularly sexually active
So he's worse than Bob. Got it.
Thanks for reminding me this twee exists.
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:35 pm
If you know Kevin Smith's work from comics, he does stuff like this. He's claimed to be a big fan of Batman, Daredevil, Spider-Man and many others and yet when DC and Marvel let him write those characters he basically just took a big shit all over them. It really is a good thing that he's a lazy sack of shit and couldn't be bothered to finish half the stories that he wrote, otherwise he'd be a lot more destructive than he was
Kevin Smith can't destroy comics because they're already irradiated.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:49 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:42 am
So he's worse than Bob. Got it.
Depends on your perspective, I guess
Guest wrote:
Keep in mind that he was writing them twenty years ago. Granted, the stuff he wrote looks like Shakespeare compared to the trash they put out today

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:21 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 pm
Batman's mouth is exposed so he can kiss guys.
And Robin only wears a domino mask because a cowl would make it harder for him to open his jaws wide enough to accept the Bat Dick.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:49 am
Guest wrote:
Keep in mind that he was writing them twenty years ago.
>comics weren't shit 20 years ago

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:27 pm

True. Scott Pilgrim started in 2004.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:56 pm
>comics weren't shit 20 years ago
Compared to now, those 2000s comics were masterpieces. Most of them were well drawn by people who could draw and not by fucking Tumblrtards. They hadn't yet completely driven out all the talent from the industry

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:51 pm

Marvel & DC being greedy as fuck drove the talent out of the industry. The new woke writers were hired because they're cheap.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:59 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:51 pm
Marvel & DC being greedy as fuck drove the talent out of the industry.
Did I suggest different?

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Yeah, you implied the woketards drove the talent out of the industry.