"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:11 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:50 pm
I'm not seventy years old so I don't know what the appeal of remakes of 80's toy commercials is.
In theory the appeal is to sell more toys. In practice nobody wants Wokebusters toys. Or Rey figures. Probably nobody will want nu He-Man figures either

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:06 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:50 pm
I'm not seventy years old so I don't know what the appeal of remakes of 80's toy commercials is.
It's a cultural icon from the 80s, therefore soyboys at least pretend to like it, even if they've only ever seen it in YT poop form.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:00 pm

Netflix has a lot of nostalgia content. Documentaries about old toys and video games. I watch those. It makes sense that they would try to revive some of that old shit. That said, I have zero interest in watching that.

I like that one of the controversies over the new show is whether or not Kevin Smith is a He-Man fan. I think he's hinted that he is, but also said that he isn't. I believe the latter because he was born in 1970. He would have hit puberty when He-Man was at peak popularity and that's too old. He-Man is for pre-adolescents. Ages 7 to 10, I'd say.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:12 pm

Yeah but He-Man did originate with toys and comics in '81. Smith would have been about the right age, and he's basically a consoomer. He's like MovieBlob except considerably more successful and considerably less sociopathic.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:25 pm

Smith is on video saying He-Man sucks years ago. Agree that he was too old to have been into it as a kid. Now he pretends like he was a life-long fan. I can see why people are bothered by that in addition to the woke bait-and-switch he tried to pull.

They're trying to bring back the toys now. I don't think they're selling. Tons of He-Mans and Skeletors on the racks and nothing else. And this new show won't even match the look of the toys anyways.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:54 pm

The New for 20 figures are pretty accurate to the OG ones.

I got one of these babies at Walmart for fifteen bucks and you have fuckers charging people 60 dollars for just two of em on eBay.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:12 pm
He's like MovieBlob except considerably more successful and considerably less sociopathic.
He was moderately successful decades ago, when he made Clerks.
It has been all downhill since then, and now he's just a washed up, miserable clown who thinks that the sentence "Batman wears a mask" is a factual, witty comeback.
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:00 pm
He-Man is for pre-adolescents. Ages 7 to 10, I'd say.
The show would have been for adolescents too, if it was violent.
If it was a mix of Conan the barbarian and Star Wars, instead of being Looney Tunes and Village People.
Same thing with 80's TMNT.
When i was 7 years old Fist of the North Star was on tv, so i didn't care about those 2.

The reboot is going to be exactly like The Last of Troons 2:
The grimdark tale of an angry lesbian.
Apparently Smith is such a retard that he couldn't keep his mouth shut in a recent interview, and spoiled that Orko is going to die, so i'm sure of it.
Last edited by Complicity on Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:52 pm

Made hilarious for all the wrong reason because Batman's mask is missing the exact trait of a mask he was trying to defend here.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:25 pm
They're trying to bring back the toys now. I don't think they're selling. Tons of He-Mans and Skeletors on the racks and nothing else. And this new show won't even match the look of the toys anyways.
His intended target audience is just gonna buy the inevitable FunkoBlob line, anyways.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 pm

Like the last time, even if he wore Bane's gear, the mask argument can't work.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 pm

Batman's mouth is exposed so he can kiss guys.