Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Dehbashi

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Dehbashi » Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:24 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:07 pm
Man, remember when Waterworld was considered an unmitigated disaster? Nowadays big "blockbusters" wished they would make Waterworld numbers.
It would have been fine if its budget hadn't absolutely ballooned due to incompetence. That's what hurt it.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:00 am

it's still a better Mad Max movie than Furiosa
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:01 am

"Waterworld" was considered a joke when it came out. Its release was preceded by months of stories in the news about how the production had gone way over-budget and that Costner and the director Kevin Reynolds hated each other. At some point after shooting, Reynolds walked away from the movie and Costner took over the editing. It had all of the signs of a big Hollywood Ego Trip gone wrong. Most people expected it to be bad and treated it that way.

The director's career never really recovered. He made more movies, but less frequently and at lower budgets.

Today it survives as a likably strange Mad Max rip-off and decent 90s action flick, even if Kevin Costner isn't a good action hero. He's great in other movies (I love him in "A Perfect World", a few years before), but he never found his place in action movies. See his "Robin Hood" (same director as "Waterworld"), where nothing about him feels appropriate for the role or the setting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:11 am

The Mel Brooks version is better, anyways.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:39 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:29 pm
I mean CGI'ing guns would be faggotry, but Baldwin's still guilty.
Just make a quick check if it's loaded. I can't stress enough how utterly crazy of a concept it is to be handed a gun and at no point checking if it's loaded and what with.
You're not even supposed to take the gun unless you're shown if it's loaded.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:40 am

I'm sure they have tons of security measures in place to prevent shit like this, and Baldwin and the idiots he hired ignored every single one of them.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:43 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:40 am
I'm sure they have tons of security measures in place to prevent shit like this, and Baldwin and the idiots he hired ignored every single one of them.
He should be charged with murder. That's how extreme the neglect was.

If you bring live ammunition to a film set, I'd fire you on the spot.
If you try to hand me a loaded gun without showing me the chamber, I'd fire you in the spot.
If you point a gun at me without checking if its empty and showing me that it is, I'd punch you in the face and then fire you.

All that shit takes seconds. You do that stuff exactly because of situations like this.
Everything works out fine a thousand times. Then just once someone made a mistake and you shoot someone to death by accident. An accident that could've been prevented if only a single person in that whole chain of events remembered gun safety, treated the gun like a loaded one and made sure to check before pointing it at people.

Would you be fine with taking a gun from someone, pointing at at your head and pulling the trigger, just based on their word that it's empty?
I'd never pull the trigger on a gun I haven't loaded myself in a non-emergency situation with the barrel pointed in an unsafe direction.

Again and again, this is absolutely crazy!
Step in front of this cannon while I light the fuse! Yeah, no worry, I haven't looked but Brian said there's no cannonball in there.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:49 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:43 am
He should be charged with murder. That's how extreme the neglect was.

If you bring live ammunition to a film set, I'd fire you on the spot.
If you try to hand me a loaded gun without showing me the chamber, I'd fire you in the spot.
If you point a gun at me without checking if its empty and showing me that it is, I'd punch you in the face and then fire you.

All that shit takes seconds. You do that stuff exactly because of situations like this.
Everything works out fine a thousand times. Then just once someone made a mistake and you shoot someone to death by accident. An accident that could've been prevented if only a single person in that whole chain of events remembered gun safety, treated the gun like a loaded one and made sure to check before pointing it at people
100%.

Somebody pointing a gun at you, whether it's loaded or not, is honestly justification for assault and battery, where I'm from. You never, EVER do that shit. You don't point it at family, friends, loved one, strangers, anybody. If my mother pointed a gun at me, I'd still get pissed the fuck off and immediately rip that gun out of her hands.

Why? Because of exactly what happened with this liberal reeetard. Figures a democrat is the one who has no respect for firearm safety btw.

If you point a gun at somebody, it's the same as saying "I want to shoot you with this." If you don't feel that way about the person, then don't point the gun at them!

Another reason that Boogie is a huge fucking idiot. If he was going to point that gun at the IRL troll guy, he should have just shot him. If he'd shot him, he could have made the argument he was in fear for his life. Not shooting him like that just demonstrated he was a LARPING faggot and deserved to have the book thrown at him for playacting with firearms.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:09 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:49 am
Somebody pointing a gun at you, whether it's loaded or not, is honestly justification for assault and battery, where I'm from.
That's everywhere. Pick up your gun on green light at my range and see how quickly you'll get knocked the fuck out.
When I'm down range to switch targets I better never hear some clickity clack or there's going to be a serious brawl going on.

You have all day and night to finger your gun. But not at the range!
There's been faggots taking their own lives at ranges. Just putting the fun to their temple and pulling the trigger, not keeping in mind that there's only a rubber mat in between you and another person.
You pick up a gun and point it towards someone, even yourself, you get hit immediately!

As fun as firing weapons is and as much dumb shit one can do with them that's perfectly fine, like you'd see on Demolition Range, a range is not a place to fuck around!
Its like detonating a building. Loads of destructive fun but only if handled by professionals that know what they are doing. Otherwise it ends in a catastrophe.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:37 am

And every time some idiot accidentally kills someone else with a gun, then all the liberals want to come along and grab up all the guns. "If there were no guns, they couldn't do that!"

Yeah, if there were no guns then those stupid assholes would kill people by accidentally running them over while drunk, or slipping while holding a knife, or something else equally stupid. You can't cure somebody who is both ignorant and belligerent. Some rich fucking hollywood actor has had every possible opportunity in the world to learn gun safety before interacting with firearms. Should have made an example of him, because not learning the most basic level of gun safety after so many years as an actor in American films working with firearms shows deliberate arrogance. He skipped a mandatory gun safety training session. He's too stupid to fucking live... What a shame that his "mistake," caused by his own stupidity and refusal to learn, cost the life of someone other than himself.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome