Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:07 pm

This isn't any better. It's going to be yet another bland and forgettable Live Action Dick Knees movie, "woke" or not.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:11 pm

But maybe this one will have gay background characters that can be easily edited out for less enlightened markets.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:43 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:07 pm
This isn't any better.
2D > 3D
This wasn't a battle anybody should have took up.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:50 pm

Yeah, now way this 3D abomination can ever hope to capture the essence of waifu.
SpoilerShow
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:25 pm

Based off the thing from Pink Flamingos apparently.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:07 pm

I might get killed for this here, but I don't see what the big deal is about The Little Mermaid being black. Also, I don't buy that most of the geek outrage Youtube channels who are making multiple videos about this actually care about this character that much. I don't, at least. I haven't seen "The Little Mermaid" in thirty years.

Furthermore, if Hollywood is gonna race-swap, these fairy tale characters from a few hundred years ago are the best ones to do it with because they're meant to be adapted to different times and cultures. That's a tradition. If someone made a "Cinderella" movie set in the current year, I bet Geeks + Gamers wouldn't be mad about it ("'Cinderella' is supposed to be set in in 1758!!!").

Hollywood likes to make money. Duh. Is that supposed to be the big revelation here? "The Black Panther" was huge and they're looking for another big black event movie based a familiar property and that has mainstream hit potential. And it probably will be a hit.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:33 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:07 pm
Furthermore, if Hollywood is gonna race-swap, these fairy tale characters from a few hundred years ago are the best ones to do it with because they're meant to be adapted to different times and cultures.
Where I think you are wrong on this is that it isn't "Mermaid fairy tale movie but with a black protagonist" it is "Race swapped version of the 90s animated movie". Same songs, clothing, side characters, etc. You don't have to cry yourself to sleep over it but I can understand people not liking an established character being altered in the name of lazy pandering.
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:07 pm
they're looking for another big black event movie based a familiar property and that has mainstream hit potential. And it probably will be a hit.
We'll see but I doubt this will be particularly successful. Disney has made several of these 3D adaptations over the years and they actually bomb as often as anything else. Has any race or gender swap movie done well?

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:49 pm

I never watched the Little Mermaid at all, the only Disney movies that i liked were Aladdin, the one with Sherlock Holmes as a mouse and the one about King Arthur with Merlin and his owl bitching at each other.
Probably because as a kid i couldn't care less about princesses, and what i really wanted to see was provided by animu.
The majority of people is simply tired of the liberal hypocrisy "whitewashing=racism, blackwashing=progress", and on top of that this mermaid "won't be defined by the need to be loved by a man", meaning that this woke flop won't have anything to do with either the original movie or the novel.
"Hollywood likes to make money" is clearly a lie nowadays, it's blatantly obvious that woke trash flops and what people really want to see is stuff like Joker and Top Gun, but they keep wasting money on identity politics thinking that eventually normies will surrender to them.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:31 am

Hollywood likes to push propaganda, they don't care about money. Push comes to shove, if a movie flops they can always write it off for taxes and get good ol' Larry Fink to cut them a cheque for services to ESG directives

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:24 am

My favorites of the 2D animated Disneys, Treasure Planet and Atlantis, both flopped - and I'm feeling pretty smug about the unlikelihood of them being remade.

On another note - I saw Branded to Kill for the first time. Kind of like Tokyo Drifter I started out alientated by Seijun Suzuki's weird ass editing choices. Like I was almost annoyed - every single character in this movie acts and is directed like an alien on bath salts. :lol: :lol:

Eventually the movie settles in and it starts working for me - leaning in heavily on the absurdism, by the last act I'm like "fuck it, I kind of love this."
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.