What are you listening to?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 19, 2024 4:44 pm

The Paranoia Agent appreciation post.

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 23, 2024 4:15 pm

Good news: You no longer have to decide which Iron Maiden song to listen to.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 26, 2024 2:31 pm

How about none? Never liked Maiden.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:44 am

Are you hyped for the Miku Expo uwu?!
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:12 pm

What the fuck is that? Is that just a plain monitor? Looks super lazy. And who re-designed her that way? Doesn't even look like her.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:53 pm

Afaik they've always used a coated glass wall to project the hologram onto.
And it's not a redesign but just her outfit for the song. Do you have any idea about the size of her wardrobe?

If anything the concerts have her use her default getup too often. Bitch has like at least one "official" outfit for every song she performs.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:42 am

I don't mean what she's wearing. I mean that it looks like a different anime girl in Miku cosplay.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:26 am

Oh, that.
They're basically slowly moving away from the Sega models to their own OC models with which they've tinkered with for years.
This isn't even the first time they did this. The earliest concerts used a different model entirely, one that looks a bit "wider" compared to the slimmer one from newer Project Diva titles.
OldShow
Less oldShow
This gets really weird when a concert uses all three generations of Miku, because re-rendering older songs is not something they do often.

Why the change? Near as I can tell these new models are build to work with their R3 live-rendering system, something they've also been tinkering with for ages and effectively lets them control Miku in real-time, all to make the short audience interaction portions of the concert more dynamic and varied.
Here's an early prototype:

Basically R3 Miku will judge the shit out of you if you suck at karaoke.

Supposedly this system can also merge different animation building blocks together, so shit will get real once they find an AI to hook to this.

EDIT: The new models have been a point of contention for some. Some are not so happy with the face, and the hair can also get a bit weird. They probably have to tone down the hair physics 'cause Miku's hair is probably a bitch to render in real-time.
-Yours Truly

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:33 pm

Right now when I'm getting into my car I just start blasting a mixture of Chiptune and Aggro Wave. I guess it's to prove the point that good manly music stopped after '89, when masculinity was stil awesome instead of ToXiC 8-)

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow