Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 20, 2024 3:33 pm

What is it with him and these mega bombs? At least Waterworld had some meme value. Postman however was just boring.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Mon May 20, 2024 3:42 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 8:29 am
But obviously, if a majority of people in a community were homosexual (rather than the true percentage, which is extremely tiny,) then that could have a detrimental effect on overall reproduction.
DHI doesn't have a bright future.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 20, 2024 5:13 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:23 pm
The stupid fuck quit a super-successful streaming show to make this. Probably another Waterworld or The Postman.
Someone literally died to make this, and this is all he's got to show for it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue May 21, 2024 10:18 am

I saw the trailer and it honestly looks decent.

Like maybe Megalopolis will stink - that trailer wasn’t impressive, but this looked good. I’m sick of like the Tarantino style of western and that’s all that gets made anymore. Would love something classical - and Costners one of the only who could get that made.

It sounds like Part 1 is mostly setup - which is fucking risky to put it mildly, esp when Part 1 is three hours. Like I think about The Human Condition - the Kobayashi trilogy. That has a similar structure - three very long movies - but the plots are all different - and the beginning, middle and end are all clear all three times.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed May 22, 2024 12:27 pm

just finished watching Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

To me it was a mixed bag, leaning towards the positive. Everything with Laura Palmer was perfect. I always liked Sheryl Lee in the show, but she gave a masterclass in acting in this movie. Every reaction, every line delivery was so intricate and gripping. Absolutely loved her story and I think it was totally worth it to do a prequel about her.

The negative is the stuff around her. I feel like there could be a version of this movie that's more concise. This isn't the show, where we have to see what everyone's up to. It's very clearly Laura's movie, and the stuff that isn't about her just felt like shoe-horned fan service. The Teresa Banks investigation being the main example. It's totally detached from everything else, doesn't tell us much we don't already know and MacLachlan's absence from those scenes is extremely noticeable (the Chet Desmond character is unceremoniously discarded as soon as Cooper returns). Not that they're bad scenes or anything, but it's like Lynch started an FBI prequel, got bored and then did Laura's story.

I've no idea what the fuck David Bowie was doing in this movie. What was his appearance about?

The best idea in my mind would be to start immediately from Laura and not involve the FBI at all. The main reason this film probably bombed is because only fans could follow it, and that's all because of the FBI stuff (and also Philip Gerard and Annie inexplicably popping in at one point).

If it was just a supernatural horror focused on Laura, Leland and a few other town characters, it would have worked just as well. Cooper can still cameo in the Black Lodge, maybe with a few extra scenes.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed May 22, 2024 7:37 pm

I haven’t watched that one in a long time, but the assessment sounds pretty accurate from what I remember. Seeing Bowie pop up was indeed strange, I’m not unused to seeing him in movies, but Twin Peaks of all things, yeah.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Wed May 22, 2024 8:09 pm

I think the opening parts with the FBI is some of the funniest stuff Lynch has ever done. A lot of it, including Bowie's character, figures into "The Return" (though Bowie himself isn't in it).

I saw "Fire Walk With Me" when it came out and I was one of the many who found it disappointing at the time, but I've since come around. I like it a lot now.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat May 25, 2024 4:35 pm

The latest Hollywood crash-and-burn

(Though I do want to see this movie and probably will in the next week)

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sat May 25, 2024 6:36 pm

What a surprise. A prequel about not-"Mad Max" (with a vagina) underperforming? It's almost like the public at large didn't give much of a damn to begin with. Their attempts at replacing a legacy character will be in vain.
The common shill defense will go "It's the economy's fault," even though that's only part of the larger issue. Normies aren't going to line up for yet another stronk womyn slopfest about dehumanizing le ebil white men after several years of this accumulated shite. There are better things to do.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 25, 2024 8:11 pm

Even with a chick in it, Mad Max is just so *white*.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette