"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Complicity

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Complicity » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:47 am

I'm watching Primal, from the Samurai Jack guy:

The first season so far is good, and i was very surprised to learn that it was made recently and not 10-20 years ago.
The second season is very likely woke shit.
It introduces human civilizations of the Iron Age, which are completely at odds with dinosaurs and Neanderthals still being around - and not being wiped out by the former.
Very likely there just to show muh slavery.
At least the protagonist seems to maintain his role until the end.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:16 am

Watch The Big Lez Show instead.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:59 am

Genndy's stuff is usually pretty solid, but it's just that it either doesn't know how to end well or it becomes shit (really only applies to the last two seasons of Dexter, but he wasn't really even part of that).
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 am

SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:15 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:59 am
Genndy's stuff is usually pretty solid, but it's just that it either doesn't know how to end well or it becomes shit (really only applies to the last two seasons of Dexter, but he wasn't really even part of that).
I find his shit pretty fucking generic tbh. I was more positive on Genndy when I was younger, but the more you watch his shows, the more you realize he's just repackaging stolen references over and over and over. Every series he does, he'll do "the western," or "the wuxia" or "the wolf and cub" reference. "The gladiator episode." "The star wars episode." It doesn't matter what license you give this hackfraud either. He makes the same shit 1000 times, like he's fucking Yahtzee Croshaw.

Nowadays, when I think about sitting down to watch some Genndy show, I just ask myself "why the fuck am I going to watch this instead of the better IP that inspired it?" Why would I watch some Genndy shit take on a gladiatorial arena when I could go watch Gladiator instead? I can watch actual samurai movies if I want to see samurai shit. I can watch a real film noire instead of Genndy's Bargain Basement film noire.

Genndy truly is an example of children's entertainment, and I don't mean that in an insulting way. If you're going to sit your kid in front of a show, it might as well be one that isn't horrible. His stuff isn't the worst or anything. It's not Steven Universe. Put your kids in front of his shows and they'll be happy. You can get some peace and quiet or whatever, and you won't want to harakiri if you happen to catch a peek of an episode too. But there's no comparison between his hackfraudery and real art.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:01 pm

Complicity wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:47 am
It introduces human civilizations of the Iron Age, which are completely at odds with dinosaurs and Neanderthals still being around - and not being wiped out by the former.
I guess this is supposed to be some Atlantis/Mu-style high civilization before the actual high civilizations, but really? Was the Bronze Age not good enough for you?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:34 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:59 am
In the case of Samurai Jack, yes. That last season wasn't worth the 13 year hiatus with that dogshit finale (which also shamelessly ripped off TTGL's ending).
Also, I don't think Genndy was directly involved with Dexter's last two seasons. That was CN getting their corporate mitts on the IP & rendering it down to be as generic possible (more so than it already was), hence the change to a more simplified art style. Couple that with the shittier writing, it's no wonder it got canceled back in '03.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:33 pm

Go ahead and cheer nerds. It won't un-cancel your Rick and Morty knock off

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:45 pm

Holy crap. Well, we all knew they were doing this. Nice to have it confirmed.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:52 pm

I'd love to know how fake Disney+ numbers are. Especially with those free months that they give away everywhere.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!