Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
casual pleb

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by casual pleb » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:54 am

Anyone excited to see Gandalf's cock in the upcoming Amazon's Lord of the Rings series?

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:17 am

I'm very excited for the opportunity to see niggrobits, queer elven of color, Isildur's illegitimate daughter who kicks ass and is much better than his legitimate cis male heir (who will definitely end up as a villain despite zero evidence for this in the originals), plus so much more. Tolkien's works definitely need some raw sex appeal, talks about lesbianism among high elven and Numenorian ladies and men being very gay under their cis hetero patriarchal pretense.

Bezos really thinks he can ruin the original works by expending billions on this shit? Let him. It will never matter. It will be memed and ridiculed and that will be its legacy.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:33 pm

With a little luck it will be canceled after 1 season like Cuckboy Bobobo and Y The Last Cis.
I've heard the latter didn't even make it to the end before being cancelled.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:33 pm

Apparently that LotR series will be called The Rings of Power, which sounds like a He-Man spin-off.
I know that's what the rings are collectively called, but The Second Age would've sounded better IMO.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:17 am
I'm very excited for the opportunity to see niggrobits, queer elven of color, Isildur's illegitimate daughter who kicks ass and is much better than his legitimate cis male heir (who will definitely end up as a villain despite zero evidence for this in the originals), plus so much more.
Elves will be queer af, unbound by mortal concepts of gender. And all the enlightened kingdoms of man will be ruled by queens who are as stronk as they are wise.
Not sure about hobbits, though. They're pretty much non-entities in the world's backstory. There is maybe one page worth of "... and then these small blokes showed up" in the Silmarillion.

Not that this will stop the writers, mind you. People expect hobbit protagonists because hobbits are the protagonists in the two Tolkien tales normies actually give a toss about.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:37 pm

Complicity wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:33 pm
With a little luck it will be canceled after 1 season like Cuckboy Bobobo and Y The Last Cis.
Yeah it might get cancelled but it would have been much better if all three were never made in the first place

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:07 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:33 pm
Apparently that LotR series will be called The Rings of Power, which sounds like a He-Man spin-off.
IIRC Ring of Power was a retitle of the greatest film of all time, Rock & Rule, in order to capitalize on the most illustrious LOTR production, the cartoon movie.
Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:37 pm
Complicity wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:33 pm
Yeah it might get cancelled but it would have been much better if all three were never made in the first place
If a Nigflix or Pedozon or Hooloo production bombs in the wind did it really happen?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:07 pm
If a Nigflix or Pedozon or Hooloo production bombs in the wind did it really happen?
Yes. The mental scars don't heal

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:18 pm
mental scars don't heal
Absolute faggotry, even in jest.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:39 pm
Absolute faggotry, even in jest.
It's true, isn't it? Even if they inevitably fail, we'll still remember that they even made them, won't we?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:08 pm

Only if pressed to remember and never with anger. If a series by Nigflix hurts you, don't go to slashfiction sites. Those slashfics are about equally as official and important.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!