"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Pope Corky III

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:27 pm

So I finally saw the South Park vaccination special. It was....OK. Bare in mind I haven't loved South Park since they made Randy a main character. Randy is barely in this episode, so that's a plus I guess.

People keep saying its a bunch of Daily Show writers, and I can agree with that. All the Whites were on Trump's side huh, Trey? At least Seth McFarlane made fun of Islam more than you did. Satire South Park (i.e. Seasons 6-now) just wasn't all that funny to me. "Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet" was more funny because of Cruise's subsequent meltdown rather than the line itself. I will say that while South Park got more clever over the past 20 years, just because something is clever doesn't mean its funny. The other problem is, as so many people have said, reality has just gotten so absurd that satire just doesn't produce spit-takes like it used to. To me the funniest part of the whole episode to me was Cartman going through Kenny custody options like divorced parents would argue. And the nostalgia-tard in me was happy to see Mr. Hat again.

As for Qanon, I actually felt they didn't go hard enough. Fuck, the China episode was more biting than this. Is this really the same Matt and Trey that eviscerated Scientology in the Tom Cruise episode? If anything they made it seemed like they were in with the "Hollywood Elites" (subtle admission of guilt?) rather than an attempt to attack them. In one scene Mr. Garrison and the QAnon guy just get zapped away to the North Pole. There's no explanation and no punchline, just zapped to the North Pole. Then they resort to just drawing the QAnon guy as a bunch of animals before finally just drawing him as an actual penis. Props for "sneaking" an animated penis on TV I guess. All you guys had to do was say that Qanon were a bunch of weak minded faggots whos tiny brain can't handle the fact that at the end of the day, no one is really in charge. Not Trump, not Biden, not Putin, not no one.

Whatever, this episode didn't exactly make me feel bad I've been away from the show for so long. Also, the Osmonds? Really nigga?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:21 pm

Yeah, in the North Pole skit, the QAnon guy kept talking about how he's being controlled by the "Hollywood Elites" and how they're trying to silence him/distract people from the truth. Clever. Epik ref of Duck Amuck.

It was an alright special and a breath of fresh air from the Randy shit.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:36 pm

I really do believe Randy was the worst thing to happen to the show. I saw what was developing with him in seasons 4 onwards and I did not like what was coming. Plus it proves that in the end, a cartoon will just revolve around an adult male. Bart was the star of the Simpsons until eventually the writers went with Homer, Family Guy was sort of a bounce between Stewie, Peter and Brian (back when Brian was merely a voice of reason to Peter's stupid) and South Park was about the kids until I guess they ran out of "adult kid" adventures.

I thought they were gonna call it quits maybe 2 or 3 seasons after the movie cos where could they really go after that? I guess I ended up being proven right and wrong.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Msauce

Post by Msauce » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:43 am

Speaking of South Park...

[Twitter]https://twitter.com/SouthPark/status/14 ... 1713626117 [/Twitter]

Msauce

Post by Msauce » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:44 am

Speaking of South Park...

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:46 am

14 movie contract? Alright then.
Msauce, you can just edit your posts and use preview to see if you used the tag right.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:02 am

It's going to sound like everything did for Stan.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:33 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:36 pm
Plus it proves that in the end, a cartoon will just revolve around an adult male. Bart was the star of the Simpsons until eventually the writers went with Homer, Family Guy was sort of a bounce between Stewie, Peter and Brian (back when Brian was merely a voice of reason to Peter's stupid) and South Park was about the kids until I guess they ran out of "adult kid" adventures.
King Harkinian is the focus of more YouTube Poops than Link.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:32 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:36 pm
I really do believe Randy was the worst thing to happen to the show. I saw what was developing with him in seasons 4 onwards and I did not like what was coming. Plus it proves that in the end, a cartoon will just revolve around an adult male.
Yep. It's not just that he's boring and shitty. He's an obvious author-insert and they don't even give him a unique voice. He just has either Matt Stone or Trey Parker's normal voice. I forget who does the VA work for him. There's nothing remarkable or interesting about Randy whatsoever.

It's extra hilarious because the older seasons had Stan's parents filling the "shitty boomer parenting" niche. But now we're supposed to think Randy is a cool main character, so they can't show Randy being a total shitheel like he was during that divorce episode early in the run (the one where both parents neglected Stan and Sharon got a new boyfriend).

They did the same thing with Stan/Roger on American Dad. Roger is an alien, but treated as an adult male for the purpose of the show. Almost every episode either stars Stan or Roger. Sure, Stan was supposed to be the main character anyway, but Roger was always intended as the "funny gag bit character" and then took over the entire show.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:58 pm

It seemed funny at first, but take episodes like the one where Randy blew up a vape store or every single one where he fought. They're trying way too hard to make him a bad-asshole. We went from boring Randy with a weird haircut who was nothing more than a geologist, to a Boomer Dad, then slowly morphed into the funny dad, ???, And finally, the typical outrageous, selfish, dumb and badass cartoon dad.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.