Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 18, 2021 10:02 am

Guest wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:48 am
RPOs legacy will be that page that's just a list.
Only one page :lol: ?!
Guest wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:06 am
RPO, what is there to even remember? What is even the plot of RPO, beyond 'Pop Culture Reference' and 'Consoom'?
It had like that big scene full of video game characters, including a bunch of Current Year ones that future viewers will never recognize.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue May 18, 2021 4:45 pm

I remember reading from somewhere that Lucas wanted Han Solo to be a frog in A New Hope. I guess if he had had free rein to implement his vision completely according to his own will during that time, ANH would have been full of slapstick humor, Han Solo and Luke stepping on turds on the streets of Mos Eisley and sniffing the camel farts like Jar Jar Binks. The guys at the production company were real dullards in limiting his views and saying shite like "Nope George, that would cost a helluva lot of money and it's a pretty shit idea overall". With APM George really got to show 'em.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

jumkey mones

Post by jumkey mones » Thu May 20, 2021 5:02 pm

If theres one thing ill credit crystal skull for. Its that at least its bad because of stupid story decisions and not because some new guy wanted to turn the franchise into something its not and failing. Honestly, i really dont find the film to be all that bad. It is the worst indy film but i feel it gets way too much hate for what is basically on par with the star wars prequels in terms of quality.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 20, 2021 5:08 pm

The movie has its moments, but it gets seriously watered down by a couple scenes with too much goofy shit.
I mean, you have this goofy scene where Shia LaBitch plays Tarzan while everyone else has this weird car chase through the world's most spacious jungle.
Or the alien reveal where it turns out these aliens are needlessly esoteric because they're like from a different dimension or something. Some weird shit about how all these multiple alien corpses are actually the same guy, and then the UFO just vanishes instead of flying off into space.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu May 20, 2021 7:53 pm

Honestly, a lot of the flaws probably would have been overlooked if they didn't get fucking Shia LaBeouf to play Jones Jr.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu May 20, 2021 7:57 pm

The CG is ugly and the alien twist is stupid - it still would have been crapped on.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Thu May 20, 2021 7:59 pm

Yes but LaBeef was the difference between 'eh it's not as bad as Temple of Doom' and 'Oy vey it's annudah Prequels'

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu May 20, 2021 9:38 pm

Temple of Doom isn't bad at all. Temple of Doom is almost kind of great minus Kate Capshaw.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Fri May 21, 2021 1:32 am

Temple is the best one. Raiders is ugly and overrated. Crusade looks cheap.

Post by Guest » Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 am

Guest wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:32 am
Crusade looks cheap.
How dare you. Crusade had Sean Connery and is therefore automatically the best one.