Peripherals

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Peripherals

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:23 am

To be fair, with the FED going BRRRR on printing money, how much will 400 dollars be really worth?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:04 am

Wait a year or two. Even if the steam deck is hard to find for a while, Gaben is already restricting sales to limit robot purchases and you'll probably be able to buy one easily in a year or two if you still want to. Don't be one of those UOYA suckers.

I love handheld gaming, but $600 is too high when the jewtendo already exists for half the cost. Sure, the library of the gaben tablet is theoretically superior, but only if they can actually run PC games at stable frame rates with decent resolutions. Best-case scenario is you are paying a premium price for a premium selection of games. I'd rather pay a low price for a premium selection.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:50 pm

Just follow the example of /ourgamer/ Fill and get a gacha game on your phone. You won't need anything else!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:57 pm

And you get so many waifus :3
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:57 pm
And you get so many waifus :3
Or oily, sweaty men in Dave's case.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:33 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:04 am
Wait a year or two. Even if the steam deck is hard to find for a while, Gaben is already restricting sales to limit robot purchases and you'll probably be able to buy one easily in a year or two if you still want to. Don't be one of those UOYA suckers.

I love handheld gaming, but $600 is too high when the jewtendo already exists for half the cost. Sure, the library of the gaben tablet is theoretically superior, but only if they can actually run PC games at stable frame rates with decent resolutions. Best-case scenario is you are paying a premium price for a premium selection of games. I'd rather pay a low price for a premium selection.
The way I see it the Steam deck just seems to ambitious for it's own good! It will either be a massive success or a massive failure. No in between.

I mean you have the fact that it's not only a hybrid of home/handheld consoles like the soy Switch but also an even bigger hybrid between PC and Consoles, Something the easy to interface of a console but also the personal customization of PC

PC gamers will obviously abhor it, seeing it as an Normie-nize PC gaming, Dumbing it down for console pleeps, and Console fags might not see the point in it Since they most likely already have a switch

All That and condense an uber powerful modern gaming pc into the size of an handheld tablet.

Personally I want it to succeed But again it just seems way too good to be true.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:52 pm

Can't be worse than the Nvidia Shield. Anyone remember that one?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:13 pm

The home version or the controller thingy with the screen? I actually have the latter. Got it cheap on eGay and it's a great emulation device.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!