Get Woke, Go Broke Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Get Woke, Go Broke Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:57 pm

That's certainly the case for the fourth game. But I'd love to know why the third ended up being so extremely unfinished. It's clearly not something repurposed. It's just uncompleted and rushed, which makes no sense for how successful the previous entries were and how much time they should've had.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:58 pm

Probably spent the development money on coke

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:57 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:57 pm
That's certainly the case for the fourth game. But I'd love to know why the third ended up being so extremely unfinished. It's clearly not something repurposed. It's just uncompleted and rushed, which makes no sense for how successful the previous entries were and how much time they should've had.
I don't think publisher jannies necessarily care if your previous entries were successful or not when they put the clamp down on muh time. Like R&C 3 was supposed to be rushed in comparison to the first game. Happens all the time.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:01 pm

The biggest problem with Saints Row 2 was that it is a piece of shit on a technical level. On consoles, it ran approximately as well as most games in 2008 (that is, 20-30 fps plus frame drops), but the PC port (done by CD Projekt Red) was so fucked up that the performance was kind of bottlenecked when streaming the world, which led to shit framerates when driving a vehicle regardless of hardware. The entire colors in the game were also washed out with complete lack of contrast.

With Saints Row 3, they were too lazy to design missions and just made like 50 % of all story missions tutorials for activities.

Saints Row 4 was basically just a shitpost romhack of Saints Row 3. They turned it into an entirely different game using the same assets as before.

The new Saints Row is the worst of all worlds. Animations recycled, features removed, woke shit, technical shit, old mechanics, etc.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:07 pm

Jiangshi wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:01 pm
The biggest problem with Saints Row 2 was that it is a piece of shit on a technical level. On consoles, it ran approximately as well as most games in 2008 (that is, 20-30 fps plus frame drops), but the PC port (done by CD Projekt Red) was so fucked up that the performance was kind of bottlenecked when streaming the world, which led to shit framerates when driving a vehicle regardless of hardware. The entire colors in the game were also washed out with complete lack of contrast.
You're not wrong. Even on consoles, Saints Row 2 has this one opening mission that runs at about 5 FPS and tends to crash. :lol: The game performs better after that, but it's never great. Saints Row 2 never received a definitive release worthy of its quality.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:59 pm

Saints row 3 still had some soul.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:54 pm

But I also had this feeling that something was very off. Aside from it being unfinished, it had troubled development written all over it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:52 pm

The implementation of gangs was rather strange in SR3. All these weird sub boss type enemies would show up to do one single thing over and over during gang battles (like a giant dude who charges like a bull). It happened whenever you were at high (gang) wanted levels. Their super powers don't mesh at all with the guns and cars in the game normally.

Saints Row 4 was a better game than 3 in that sense, but it completely lost even the barest flavor of GTA gameplay in making the shift to full capeshit.

Saints Row 2 wasn't exactly realistic, but there were limits to what a human character was allowed to do within the game world.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:48 pm

Frosk finally got fired from G4TV. Too little, too late. Sessler had another rant in the wake of her removal, but the damage is done.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:03 pm

I want to know who hired that dyke in the first place. The rot sits much deeper than her and the cokefiend Sessler.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!