Get Woke, Go Broke Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Get Woke, Go Broke Thread

Post by mad bum » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:13 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:27 pm
Too bad that won't last on Steam. Bad idea to distribute over it.
Steam has zero quality control.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:16 pm

Hunt Down The Freeman is still available, as well as probably several other asset flips.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:03 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
No, it's perfect. They want to shitpost hard and Steam is the only way to do so.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:08 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:16 pm
Hunt Down The Freeman is still available, as well as probably several other asset flips.
And it's terrible description and features are still unchanged. Whew lad.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:36 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:13 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Steam has zero quality control.
They completely gave up after Steam Greenlight failed horribly.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:56 pm

Who said anything about quality? Rise a fuss on social media and these fucking companies will cave in like the spineless cucks they are.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:17 am

And now we return to feature prestation: yet another instance of >Joker.gif
Kotaku: During A Preview, Forspoken Devs Described Their Black Protag In Cringe-Inducing Ways
https://web.archive.org/web/20220107215 ... 1848212148
When I was scheduled for a preview of Forspoken, formerly Project Athia, there were three questions I was pressed to know. One, how the team went about handling the portrayal of its Black protagonist. Two, what the gameplay was like, and three, how Forspoken stands out among other fantasy action role playing games.

Notice those fuckin' "priorities?"
While Square Enix’s hour-long preview provided a serviceable, if not clinical, job in addressing some of those questions, my initial curiosity has turned into trepidation.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: SuCh wOe! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Forspoken is a game by former Final Fantasy XV devs Luminous Productions

Just to let know it's shit, just incase you didn't know all ready
which follows New Yorker Frey Holland as she’s isekai’d into the “beautiful” and “cruel” fantasy world of Athia. The world that awaits her is overrun by a blight called The Break, which turns animals and humans alike into monstrous creatures. To make matters worse, The Tantas, a matriarchy who once served as Athia’s benevolent leaders, have turned into evil witches.

Stornk Indepentant Wahmans who are responsible for everything good in the world get corrupted by evil dark (persumably male) Forces. only a pround BLACK™ wakandan can save them form the impending doom.
Luckily for Frey, she’s been imbued with magical powers that make her immune to The Break thanks to her fashionable talking jewelry companion, Cuff. To find her way back home, Frey must use her newfound powers and defeat the Break and the Tantas.
Bullshit Mary-sue magic - Got it ;)
The magic in Forspoken runs on an enhancement system Square Enix calls the Nail system, which you can think of as something similar to what would happen if a mage enchanted or upgraded an everyday item. The Nail system leans heavily on Ancient Egyptian and Babylonian historical influences, where the act of painting one’s nails displays one’s status and power.
oh great, The "we waz kangs" shit but fucking unironically :roll:
“We wanted to represent the ability enhancements in a form that’s part of Athian history as well as merging with something that’s relatable to our modern world. The theme of duality is central to Forspoken, and so as players explore the game they’ll come to learn that the Nails are heavily embedded in Athian lore and culture, however Frey also views them through a modern lens (much like we would),” Square Enix said.
Are are you sure this isn't an 'mahou shoujo' as well? It sounds like stereotypical girly-girl shit.
The Break works similarly to how fade rifts work in Dragon Age Inquisition
Alright, we get it you guys! Your game is most definitely going to be shit, but you don't need to look so happy about it :lol:
While Forspoken didn’t appear to be reinventing the wheel when it came to its magic open world, the leading actress, Ella Balinska, still stood out to me. Square Enix said its decision was obvious given its desire to have a “strong, female lead” as its protagonist.
“We wanted our hero and other characters in Forspoken to be reflective of our diverse audiences and relatable to our players,” Square Enix said. “We decided to model Frey after casting actress Ella Balinska, as we felt she embodied our envisioning of Frey perfectly.”
Translation: "Our character is an insufferable snarky feminist cunt and we needed someone like that in real life to reflect it!" a match made in heaven :mrgreen:
While “meeting” the lead writers behind Forspoken was meant to curb any fears I had with how its protagonist was going to be handled, it ended up sparking more unease than I initially had about the game.
At one point in the pre-recorded “get to know the writers” section, I learned that Forspoken has been in development since 2018, with Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead writer Gary Whitta, and Uncharted’s head writer and creative director Amy Hennig laying down the groundwork for the game’s world concept and narrative while it was in pre-production. The torch was then passed to the game’s lead writers Allison Rymer and Todd Stashwick, who finalized the story and script for the game. While all these high profile names were all well and good, especially for their previous association in crafting other “AAA” games, last I checked none of them were Black people.
Question marks rapidly started to fire off in my head about the game’s handling of Frey which were only festered by how its writers went about describing working with Balinska.
My newfound fears weren’t helped when Rymer and Stashwick described Frey’s origin story, which came off as a tired amalgamation of Black stereotypes. Those stereotypes included her “being very angry,” her having “fallen through cracks of society,” and being “on the verge of prison,” before being teleported to Athia.
>Dispite being 13% of the population...
The cherry on top of my newfound dread was motion capture and voice over director Tom Keegan describing Balinska’s mannerisms during her motion capture performance as having a “very hip-hoppy kind of walk.”
Not gonna lie grandpa trying to describe black people is the some of the funniest shit I've ever read.
But I hate to break it to the writer of this shit article but I'd guarantee you if it blacks writing blacks it be THE most stereotypical depiction of blacks (See Blaxploitation) Where talking about the same comunity that calls any other blacks "Race Traitors" for not being impulsive violent piece of shit criminals or "Acting White" :roll:
“We worked closely with a number of consultants from BIPOC backgrounds to help portray Frey’s character and tell the story from her perspective,” Square Enix said in the FAQ, adding that Forspoken’s supporting cast was “dominated by women and several women of color.”

While I don’t doubt that Luminous Productions consulted Black folks in how they went about creating Frey, being greeted by WHITE writers,

and only hearing about consultation from second-hand account didn’t do them any favors for me as a player who’s been starving for Black representation in games, both on-screen and in crafting their narratives.
"didn’t do any favors for me as a playerCuckold who’s been starving for Blackrepresentation Cocks in gamesme, both on-screenMy Mouth and in crafting their narratives My ass.
Another concern I had going into the preview was how often Frey and Cuff would quip at each other during gameplay, which was a Marvel movie amount from both its initial trailer, The Game Awards trailer, and my hands-off look.
HOLY FUCKEN' SHIT :shock: A KOTAKU URNAILIST MAKING AN AN ACKTUAL VALUEBLE INSIGHT ON THIS SHIT! :o
“When Frey is in a battle, we really wanted to show her vulnerable side and the fear she is experiencing when she finds herself in situations out of her own control but also how she toughens up in order to survive. We also carefully considered, ‘How would we respond ourselves, through a modern lens, if we were thrown into this fantasy setting with all of its magical creatures and mysterious powers?’”
uh-NO! Maybe if see was some level 1 noob how was thrusted into to this fantastical yet violent world maybe you'd have a point, but as soon as she's spirted away she's given Superpowers that allow her easily effortlessly traverse the land and Fight monsters stronger then her. So no Dice fucktard.

And I think you Guys get the point so I'll Stop :lol:

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:06 am

TL;DR Square Pandered to the woke and it Backfired

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:33 am

Trying to tell an epic story in an isekai format with snarky characters is a bit like trying to run a D&D campaign where the players are never in-character.
Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:17 am
“We wanted to represent the ability enhancements in a form that’s part of Athian history as well as merging with something that’s relatable to our modern world. The theme of duality is central to Forspoken, and so as players explore the game they’ll come to learn that the Nails are heavily embedded in Athian lore and culture, however Frey also views them through a modern lens (much like we would),” Square Enix said.
Are are you sure this isn't an 'mahou shoujo' as well? It sounds like stereotypical girly-girl shit.
It's only mahoushit when she's wearing a cute costume. Maybe that'll be DLC.
Not gonna lie grandpa trying to describe black people is the some of the funniest shit I've ever read.
But I hate to break it to the writer of this shit article but I'd guarantee you if it blacks writing blacks it be THE most stereotypical depiction of blacks (See Blaxploitation) Where talking about the same comunity that calls any other blacks "Race Traitors" for not being impulsive violent piece of shit criminals or "Acting White"
These journos would be fine with a blaxploitation version. They don't actually care how a character is portrayed, just by whom he/she is written.
Don't forget that "It is highly problematic to write an [X] unless you are also an [X]" is one of their beliefs. It is no longer enough to have a game with a black protagonist. They want a game with a black protagonist that has been written and ideally also coded by black people.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:32 am

I like how kotaku bitches about no black writers, but I somehow feel double standard typical leftie hypocrite sack of shit.
Criticises the game for not having black writers and yet I feel like it was written by dude. By his logic, he shouldn't be talking about it, because he has no vag.
Just a wild guess.