Get Woke, Go Broke Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Get Woke, Go Broke Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:10 am

I guess they had absolutely no idea what they were doing, or they just didn't care. Rockstar is already doing the best they can to defend the honor of their garbage product, so why bother?

>hiring mobile devs to remaster your iconci klessiks

Just like with Final Fantasy 5+6. Good times.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:04 am

Cockstar just want to milk money like the Poggermans team do. They stopped caring about quality around the time of GTA V. So they threw the 3d trilogy at a mobile developer team that had already previously fucked up san andreas. Why would they care? I'm sure the mobile devs do cheap work, and Cockstar know that the name "GTA San Andreas" will get plebs to buy the game regardless.

What was even the last completely good GTA game? I can tell you it wasn't GTA V. Maybe Vice City Stories in 2006? It wasn't GTA IV. GTA IV is about half a good game and half really weird and boring. Lost and Damned is a DLC rather than a full game.

Saints Row 3 is probably the last (((good))) (it's fine) GTA -style game to come from anyone, rockstar or not. Everything after that has been terrible. Unless there's a HIDDUN JEM I'm not remembering.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:17 am

Saints Row 2 was top, The Third I already didn't like very much
It kinda just stops around that time.
It's a trap!

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:38 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:04 am
Everything after that has been terrible. Unless there's a HIDDUN JEM I'm not remembering.
Sleeping dogs just called Nigtac! It says you own them an apology (though something tells me you won't)

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:57 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:01 am
Grove Street Games, formerly known as War Drum Studios
Aaaaaaaah, that makes more sense: Image
San Andreas: Broken and Shiny Edition.

Here's a great video on how terrible the 10th anniversary for that game was:

It makes you wonder how did they fuck up this bad?
The III and VC ports were decent and all they really did was use XBOX elements and added some modern stuff like mission checkpoints/retries.
Jesus, I didn't really look into their history so I assumed they just made crappy mobile games and tried to make a larger port for the first time, but they have been at it for 10 years and still keep fucking it up. This is karma for not fixing the San Andreas bugs, now everyone knows they are trash even if they changed their name just before this game was announced to try and hide it which makes them look even more shifty.

I think the reason the game looks so weird is that they might have been using the original models but only slightly modified them to have this done on the cheap. It's like someone smoothed over the old models rather than simply redoing them in many cases, they have never made a full fledged game other than these two mobile games:
SpoilerShow

So they have never had to make anywhere near the amount of assets that were required for these games and the ports that were needed. Due to that inexperience the management got arrogant and thought the small team they had could do it:
18 people. Bluepoint, the people who do good ports, have 70 people. And it shows.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:41 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:38 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:04 am
Everything after that has been terrible. Unless there's a HIDDUN JEM I'm not remembering.
Sleeping dogs just called Nigtac! It says you own them an apology (though something tells me you won't)
I was going to edit that one in, but decided not to. It's a good game, but feels a lot more restrictive and limited in its implementation of free-roam compared to GTA or Saint's Row. You get almost no guns or ammunition, can't retain weapons permanently and melee weapons are an afterthought. The only gunfights I can recall in the entire game are tied to story sequences, as opposed to GTA, where you can pull up and unload on a rival gang and start a big shootout. It's a very different experience.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:37 am

Sleepy Dogs is just cyberjunk for hipsters.
Poonoo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:57 am
I think the reason the game looks so weird is that they might have been using the original models but only slightly modified them to have this done on the cheap. It's like someone smoothed over the old models rather than simply redoing them in many cases
I can see that. Even freeware stuff like Blender has a "add more polygons to smooth this shit out" button. They probably pressed that one a couple times and called it a day.
And then they dumbed down complex textures like that one bandana because that was faster than redrawing shit or asking Rockstar if they have the original asset in higher resolution.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:16 am

Gimme Shekel Goy!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:51 am

Gamergate is the grift that keeps on grifting.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:01 am

I refuse to believe there is something "untold" with regards to GaymurGayte.
-Yours Truly