Blizzcon lol

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Blizzcon lol

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:37 pm

Complicity wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:36 am
It's blatantly obvious for everyone that those aren't three expansion, but three parts of the same expansion, all sold at full price.
Of course. Expansion release is the only time the numbers recover a bit for almost a week.
The formerly addicted come back, plow through the content in a matter of hours with their former guild buddies and immediately fuck off again.

I know a couple like that. It's basically like going to watch a movie for them. WoW is actually a lot like the MCU, so why not go full Marvel and just pump out utter trash more frequently in the hopes of at least squeezing the last few drops of blood from that stone?

It's not like WoW will ever recover or become good again.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:49 pm

What kind of villains are there even left, anyways? They already murdered all the bad guys from WC3 and their bosses, as well as the only evil super god.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:02 pm

Caring about Warcraft lore might just be a bit more gay than being a wrestling fan.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:50 pm

I never actually cared about Blizzard's lore even back when Blizzard games were actually good, but it gives me Schadenfreude to occasionally peruse Blizzard's newest batch of fanfic-tier writing.

(Even if it usually boils down to "Every Horde leader who is not Thrall eventually goes apeshit because we can't think of any other way to generate drama")
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:47 pm

>battle royale in wow

I wander which cool new trends will be put in the gayme next.
Maybe even a Minecraft mode.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:02 pm

Did they ever try to turn their other PVP modes into an esport?
And I think the current hip thing are roguelites.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:31 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:02 pm
Did they ever try to turn their other PVP modes into an esport?
Yes, but their gay arenas were so boring, class/luck based and incomprehensible to watch that they never caught on outside their own funded tournaments.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:02 pm
And I think the current hip thing are roguelites.
That was the joke; putting a Battle Royale mode in their shit now proves that they are taking advices about current trends from the Lord of Tekken himself.
They will probably copy the pirates and create hardcore servers, that's pretty close to roguelite.
Even though their crap is so goddamned easy outside of dungeons and raids that there's no point.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:11 pm

I can't wait for next expansion go drop and my brother to buy right into it again and tell me that they finally fixed WOW, before quitting it again after two or three months.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:20 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:11 pm
I can't wait for next expansion go drop and my brother to buy right into it again and tell me that they finally fixed WOW, before quitting it again after two or three months.
I've heard that the last one was about trans dragons and celebrating weddings between gay centaurs.
Did he like it?

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:23 pm

Probably just until the point he finished the then current patch's raid and he realized there's nothing else to do in the fucking game.