Blizzcon lol

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Blizzcon lol

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:46 pm

Still pretty good numbers, you can't deny it, even if you think Blizzard was expecting higher figures (I doubt it).

Whales gonna whale, be it for Activision Blizzard, be for Phil Burnell, be for whatever other worthless internet garbage out there.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Exactly, they might not spend as much as weebs but they must look at these numbers in shock and are probably already making a wow mobile game as we speak.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:03 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:46 pm
even if you think Blizzard was expecting higher figures (I doubt it).
They were, even though they would rather die than admit it.
Those 50 gorillions a month for two months would have been 150 gorillions every month for years, if it wasn't for the China ban.
It's so transparent that all of their pandering, the banning of Blitzchung, firing his interviewers, the tool at Jizzcon giving the fake apology "vidyagaymes bring pepuur together!" was to sell that shit to Chinese slaves who can't afford a gayming pc or a console, and waste their social credit on glorified gambling.
But then one of their cucks posted a Pooh meme somewhere, and just like that everything was ruined.
Too bad, so sad.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:19 pm

Oh, yeah, very sad that they couldn't fleece Ching Chang for his yuans or whatever the future new world reserve currency is called. I'm pretty sure some higher ups are coping and seething and furiously raiding the breast milk storage units in their offices as we speak. But 100 million USD from the white and nerdy goyim outside China isn't bad by any stretch.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:01 am

You really have to think in terms of cost-benefit, right? What was the cost for them? Sure, marketing and advertising, shit like that. But as far as making the game, basically nothing. It's a shell using old Diablo 3 assets. It's just diablo 3 with some a ton of whalebait monetization schemes. So even if it didn't make the 575 gorillion dollars Jizzard wanted, those sales figures are more than good enough to justify the effort spent on Immortal. I still would consider that a huge success. Unfortunately.

It's not an exaggeration to say many mobile whales are functionally retarded. You can't fix a problem like that except with legislation. Whales won't stop on their own.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:09 pm

I already said that it's profitable. There was never even a chance it wouldn't return it's investment tenfold.
Still vastly under expectations. It makes perhaps a third of what they expected.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:32 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:01 am
It's a shell using old Diablo 3 assets.
It looked like that when it was announced, but the finished product, when it comes to locations and models, looks like a "new" gayme.
That and muh full voice acting are the main reason why the bugmen fiercely defended it when it came out, never mind the fact that it played like ass, that it was even more linear and simplistic than 3, and that the paywall was coming.
They were fooled especially by the character creation and screens:
SpoilerShow
I wouldn't be surprised if Jizzard spent on it as much as they did for Battle for Azeroth or Shadowlands, or even more.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:19 am

Complicity wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:32 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:01 am
It's a shell using old Diablo 3 assets.
It looked like that when it was announced, but the finished product, when it comes to locations and models, looks like a "new" gayme.
That and muh full voice acting are the main reason why the bugmen fiercely defended it when it came out, never mind the fact that it played like ass, that it was even more linear and simplistic than 3, and that the paywall was coming.
They were fooled especially by the character creation and screens:
SpoilerShow
I wouldn't be surprised if Jizzard spent on it as much as they did for Battle for Azeroth or Shadowlands, or even more.

Except it doesn't look like a new gayme. When you look at footage of Diablo Immoral in motion, it looks exactly like Diablo 3. No fucking difference at all. It's only on those gay close-ups in character creation and other interface elements where you could say it looks somewhat altered. Jizzard fanboys were always going to defend it. They never needed a justification. Diablo Immoral looks like Diablo 3 and it looks like it plays (I'm not about to download to test) exactly like Diablo 3.

Even checking with the plebbit whales, it seems like most of them agree the game is a (((more refined))) version of Diablo 3.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:38 am

I'm desperate for a new APRG but path of autism is fucking trash and I've already played all the others ones out there.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:59 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:38 am
I'm desperate for a new APRG but path of autism is fucking trash and I've already played all the others ones out there.
This one maybe?

I haven't tried it because it's in early access, the negative reviews on Steam seem to only be about the fact that there is no multiplayer yet.