Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:57 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 pm
To be fair, all the BlackIsle, Troika, Obsidian games have also been utterly broken/incomplete on their releases but many of them became cult classics. Maybe JUST MAYBE Bethesda is just following the good old tradition.
And yet those still managed to look real smooth compared to Bethesda releases.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

GitGud
Quality Poster

Post by GitGud » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:28 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
To be fair, all the BlackIsle, Troika, Obsidian games have also been utterly broken/incomplete on their releases but many of them became cult classics. Maybe JUST MAYBE Bethesda is just following the good old tradition.
I beg to differ. The old games stood for their own years before the internet was a thing. There were bugs, but you could complete the game. Most missing and cut things were due time problems....no compareson to bugthesda
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Meanwhile, Bethesda doesn't give a shit since the games will sell anyways and they can take all the time in the world to fix the (game-breaking) bugs. If they feel like it, of course.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:23 am

GitGud wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:28 pm
AdorableOtter wrote:
I beg to differ. The old games stood for their own years before the internet was a thing. There were bugs, but you could complete the game. Most missing and cut things were due time problems....no compareson to bugthesda
To be fairrrrrr, even they have enough money/time, they somehow fuck up (:hint: Pillars of Eternity :hint:), and Troika's games were borderline broken. I wonder why WRPGs always like this.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:55 pm
Meanwhile, Bethesda doesn't give a shit since the games will sell anyways and they can take all the time in the world to LET THEIR CUCKSONS fix the (game-breaking) bugs. If they feel like it, of course.
FTFY
It's Bioware used to do actually.

GitGud
Quality Poster

Post by GitGud » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:09 am

Someone with more knowhow took a look at Fallout 76, aaaaannnddd......
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/ ... it-android

Fuck, this will be so much fun......
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:53 pm

That's gold. :lol:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:16 pm

I never thought I'd find myself eagerly awaiting the release of a Fallout game. This is the best current year we've had so far.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:19 pm

So this is pretty much like one those experimental co-op mods that have been popping out since Morrowind, except with way more clients to make the inevitable clusterfuck even more glorious.

Unless the state of gayming is even more hopeless than I've thought, this has a pretty good chance of being a FF14-type situation where the backlash forces the dvelopers to redo everything from scratch. Except with way more salt.

(Bonus points if they redo it with an engine that can actually into MMO.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:43 pm

>Bathesda redoing anything

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:51 pm

They can outsource to some n00b developer studio.
-Yours Truly