Far Cry 5

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 09, 2018 7:49 pm

JC2 got really sad when you noticed the ammo problem and decided than the only weapons worth upgrading are the ones the enemies drop all the damn time.
rat-fuck wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 pm
That combined with pretty bland gameplay to start with and limited ammo for your guns really fucking pushes it. Also those stronghold missions you had to do repeatedly to unlock the real missions were boring as shit. Why do all the side missions in these open world game suck dick? They're clearly supposed to be what you spend most of your time on.
Fun side missions require effort. And why use effort if you just want quantity over quality?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 10, 2018 12:50 am

Fucking Infamous. Ever wondered if people were to treat you differently if you weren't a total dick? Exactly the same. The game desperately wants you to go full evil.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 10, 2018 1:54 am

Evil is the canon story path from what I can see. Especially based on certain story events.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 10, 2018 2:15 am

Point is, absolutely nothing changes if you take the pure good path. Not a single word, no nothing.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 10, 2018 7:34 am

This reminds me how KOTOR1 would still treat you as the hero and last hope for the galaxy if you went with every single "Muahahaha I am so EEEEEEVIl!" dialogue option you can find.

(Not counting that one before the final dungeon or so which is the ONLY choice in the whole game that actually affects the ending)

Moral choice systems are stupid and never deliver what they promise. They try to convince you that your choices matter because you get to make a choice all the damn time, but you can't actually deviate from what the plot expects you to do specifically because there are so many choices: None of them are allowed to shake up the status quo too much.

Hilariously enough, I think Nippon Ichi of Disgaea fame did that way better in Soul Nomad: Starting with your first New Game+, you can go "Fuck this, I'm going evil" right at the start and will be thrown into a new - if shorter - campaign, which is a lot different and darker than the normal one.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu May 10, 2018 8:09 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:50 am
Fucking Infamous. Ever wondered if people were to treat you differently if you weren't a total dick? Exactly the same. The game desperately wants you to go full evil.
Smacking those street performers upside the head is too rewarding.

Post by Guest » Thu May 10, 2018 9:33 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:34 am
This reminds me how KOTOR1 would still treat you as the hero and last hope for the galaxy if you went with every single "Muahahaha I am so EEEEEEVIl!" dialogue option you can find.

(Not counting that one before the final dungeon or so which is the ONLY choice in the whole game that actually affects the ending)

Moral choice systems are stupid and never deliver what they promise. They try to convince you that your choices matter because you get to make a choice all the damn time, but you can't actually deviate from what the plot expects you to do specifically because there are so many choices: None of them are allowed to shake up the status quo too much.

Hilariously enough, I think Nippon Ichi of Disgaea fame did that way better in Soul Nomad: Starting with your first New Game+, you can go "Fuck this, I'm going evil" right at the start and will be thrown into a new - if shorter - campaign, which is a lot different and darker than the normal one.
It's usually not so much that, and just that it's not feasable to make a game with a thousand story branches if it's not just one of those text 'choose your own adventure' kinda things. It's rare that you'll find a game that has more than like 3 endings if it's not just a different text epilogue or something.

As long as the choices you make seem to matter immediately, that's good enough for me imo. Save the villagers or wipe them out. Earn or lose rewards in the process. Hear NPCs talk about it later as you walk by. I don't expect every good or bad deed to add to the ending hours if not games down the line or something. To me, I usually see that final "one big choice" most of these kinds of games have as not one choice, but the culmination of the character I've been playing up to that point.

It's like how you ignore meta gaming in D&D and go with only what your character knows at the time. That's how it works for me anyways. I don't expect it to change any time soon. Devs aren't going to waste x amount of resources (time and money and assets) for 10 choices with 90% of players will only go with one or two anyways.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 10, 2018 10:03 am

That is true and all, but it's the way this is usually advertized that triggers me.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu May 10, 2018 10:14 am

They really need to make shorter games then or stop giving a fuck about upgrading graphics.

Give me an ugly game with actual choices then!

Imo its the only thing that can save gaming.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 10, 2018 2:20 pm

I'd like to mention Skyrim again in which you kill the fucking emperor and nobody notices. Not that you are the assassin, but that the emperor is dead in the first place.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!