Dynasty Warriors games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
ban

Re: Dynasty Warriors games

Post by ban » Fri May 11, 2018 11:26 pm

>BANG

My nigga. I always main the ninjas. Chipp is my jam in the GGs, I almost felt obligated to stick with Bang even though he wa a bit of a joke in BB1.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 12, 2018 4:54 am

ban wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:26 pm
>BANG

My nigga. I always main the ninjas. Chipp is my jam in the GGs, I almost felt obligated to stick with Bang even though he wa a bit of a joke in BB1.
I don't mind if Bang is a joke. He's the best male character in Blazblue. I like Chipp too but I find him just a little mashy and frail compared to Bang. I love Bang's gameplay style and I think the nerfs have actually made him more interesting in some ways. Yeah it sucks you can't FRKZ for free anymore, but the enemy really has to fear your overdrive and try to force you to burst. Which probably means going aggressive against you, which may not be a good idea considering Bang's great buttons and rushdown.

I also use Terumi, who is low tier if not bottom 5. I was encouraged by footage of fame96 owning ass with him. It just goes to show you can win with anyone in central fiction and the tiers only come into play at places like Evo. I kind of like the current BB meta where a lot of the top tier characters are also very technically demanding. Then you have lower tiers like Celica and Tsubaki who are very easy to use and very solid all-around.

Rachel is high tier by the way.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 12, 2018 6:53 am

No Bang? Srsly? Any crossover game should be required by law to never exclude ninja characters.
ban wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:36 pm
170 characters BITCH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And with more mahou shoujo crap for everyone :

It's not mahou shoujo until they finally make Precure Warriors.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sat May 12, 2018 11:57 am

DW9 might prove you wrong :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:54 am
I don't mind if Bang is a joke. He's the best male character in Blazblue. I like Chipp too but I find him just a little mashy and frail compared to Bang. I love Bang's gameplay style and I think the nerfs have actually made him more interesting in some ways. Yeah it sucks you can't FRKZ for free anymore, but the enemy really has to fear your overdrive and try to force you to burst. Which probably means going aggressive against you, which may not be a good idea considering Bang's great buttons and rushdown.
Yeah, Chipp being frail and quick on the buttons and rushdowns is my prefered style of gameplay in the ASW games so he fit me like a glove. Bang became interesting for me because you couldn't treat him like Chipp and instead had to play him like Order Sol or Slayer, more deliberate and methodical to accomodate his slower movements and smaller reach compared to the heavier grapple-maniac Iron Tager. His buffs in BB2 that made him more akin to normal Sol without his FRKZ slightly changed the approach because I didn't have to focus on counterattacks only any more and a puzzle like offense but I could work something more as well. I sort off dropped off BB after that as well due to lack of funds and opting to go after other games.

As for tiers, never really cared about them in my fightans. If the guy looks cool, has nice moves / playstyle and his story is good then he's my kind of character and I main him. It's why my mains in fightans are either super vanila :

Sol
Chipp
Ky Kiske
Baiken
Johnny
Axl
Jam

Or they can devolve into something weird like my Street Fighter Alpha 3 mains :

Ryu and his "clones"(Ken, Akuma etc)
Guy
Cody
Dan
Chun Li
R.Mika
Fei Long

And wanting to learn Gen and the Yun Yang bros next.
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Sure I'll talk about mains:

I actually started maining Dan quite a bit in Alpha 3 because I like the way he plays. I still play R Mika, Rose and Cody but Dan is a lot of fun. I can play Gen but only in the default stance sadly.

One of my favorite aspects of Bang is the nail management. Nails give him, as a rushdown character, some incredibly interesting zoning tools and ways to get in for free. But since it's a limited resource, how you use your nails is important. You can't be too conservative or you'll lose out on openings you could have had. But if you go too ham, you'll run dry on nails and then your neutral game becomes extremely difficult. Bang without nails has very little range.

I don't play GG enough to have a main. I guess Jam is my thing. I like Jam. I haven't played the new GG yet.
RAPEMAN wrote:

ban

Post by ban » Sat May 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Started maining Dan when I played Alpha 1 and got him via the random command. When I tried his down-back-kick command and he did that bike kick, i thought he was a super form of Ryu or something. :lol: It was many years later that people told me "dude, you're playing as the joke character" "But how can he be a joke character, he even has infinite taunts". R.Mika was quite fan when I started playing her but then Naruto and Hunter X Hunter(early 00s) got animus and it took me a while to stop picturing R.Mika when Naruto and Gon opened their mouths to talk. :lol:

Haven't played new GG either, still stuck on the last one that was released on the PSP as well.
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 12, 2018 6:08 pm

I like how Dan's tools work. I think bafael said it best that he has the shoto tools but they don't work how they do with shotos. You can't play him like a shoto. And what's good with dan is never the same as what's good with a shoto.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Dan is a fun to play. Though my money has always been on Sakura (my favorite "not actually a shoto" character) and Guy (whose moves are just pretty cool - even if his main chain combo feels a bit awkward). I also used Rose from time to time, though that was before Gurren Lagann, so I sadly didn't get to make drill jokes.

Jam's pretty cool as well, though I tend to prefer Chipp (sure he can't take a hit, but he's extremely fun to use), Sol (I just love people with crazy, over the top shoryukens) and Johnny (though that's mainly because I like the character; I kinda suck at actually playing as him).

I probably had the most fun in BlazBlue with Bang, Noel and Nu-13. I haven't played enough of the later titles to give my judgement on the new characters, but there are like two sword waifus who seemed pretty cool.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun May 13, 2018 4:39 am

>Sol and Chipp mains everywhere

Me too, god damn. Yeah I prefer Chipp too, he can't take a hit but good luck hitting him when he's zipping around all over the damn place and literally teleporting behind you. Sol is a good all-rounder which is probably why a lot of people probably play as him but probably not as their main, he's easy to use.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

ban

Post by ban » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:25 pm

Necrobumping for hilarity :

So, Koei decided to reboot Samurai Warriors and they have a different artstyle, clones etc the usual shit. Nobody cared about the game(save for some very hardcore spergs) until this happened :

WE WUZ SAMURAI AND SHIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEET got announced and everyone lost their fucking minds. Now everyone is pre-ordering the game, salivating over his inclusion etc, you know the drill. :lol: However, all those fags found a problem with Yasuke : he is voiced by *GASP* a HWAITE MAN!

Yeah, this guy. Some (hafu?) guy from Japan. So, everyone started bitching and sending mail to Koei about them being racist and incensitive towards black people and the usual shit. And of course the nips heard of this debacle and here are some comments :

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9685674.html

I especially like the guy who throws shade at google for showing a video of gorillas when he googled famous black people. :lol: So now there's a big reeeeee-storm going on surrounding the game. You know, the usual nothingburger that RE and other pedo larpers like to blow out of proportions.
He warned youShow