Dynasty Warriors games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Dynasty Warriors games

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:13 pm

To be fair to them, the subject matter of Three Kingdoms doesn't lend itself to depictions of female characters. Even the Water Margin has more active "stronk" wombyn in it than three kingdoms does. The only women who had political authority in ancient China were dowager empress types.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:06 pm
Based Chinks knew that women are useless.
All old civs knew that. Those that didn't were so hnnotavle and wiped out so hard they weren't even worth recording in history - if they ever existed.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:41 am

They probably didn't. Most claims of matriarchal societies are based on flimsy or no evidence.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:14 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:48 pm
Jiangshi wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:45 am
They already did that before when they genderswapped Xuanzang because the japanese, as usual, just ruin everything.
Most of the female characters in Dynasty Warriors are ahistorical or based off a throwaway line from the novel about some famous general having a daughter. Lu Bu's daughter is a good example but not the only one. Her only role in the novel was to be used as a political tool by Lu Bu and Yuan Shu. The highlight of her story involvement was when Lu Bu strapped her to his back so that he could ride out of a city under siege and send her to Yuan Shu to be married off. The plan didn't work and they returned to the city, the end.

Xiao Chiao and Da Chiao don't even have fucking names btw. I think those translate to "elder sister" and "younger sister" or some shit. Needless to say, they didn't fight. None of the women in three kingdoms fought.

The female character with the biggest role in three kingdoms is probably Madam Sun/Matriarch Sun, who isn't in Dynasty Warriors at all because she's an old lady and TK just want young tittays in their games. :lol:
Fair enough. My point in shitting on the japanese was more about the fact that Dynasty Warriors wasn't the first time they genderswapped Xuanzang (those clowns did that for centuries in movies, theatre, etc,), even though both the historical figure as well as the novel protagonist were men. Completely butchered depictions of anything foreign is not so much limited to Dynasty Warriors but a japanese fiction thing in general.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:28 am

Just look at Fake/Weeb Cuck and how it turns almost every historical and fictional character into an underaged waifu - including both Arthur and Mordred, as well as my favorite example of Jack the Loli Ripper.
Then again Fate has always just been wank material provider, so I kinda get it.
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:13 pm
To be fair to them, the subject matter of Three Kingdoms doesn't lend itself to depictions of female characters. Even the Water Margin has more active "stronk" wombyn in it than three kingdoms does. The only women who had political authority in ancient China were dowager empress types.
I'm pretty sure the only DW waifu whose source material waifu actually did fight in any sort of capacity was Zhurong, but she's one of dem wild savages and not a well-mannered Chinese lady.
Sun Shangxiang had some obsession with military stuff, but she never really did much.
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:48 pm
The female character with the biggest role in three kingdoms is probably Madam Sun/Matriarch Sun, who isn't in Dynasty Warriors at all because she's an old lady and TK just want young tittays in their games. :lol:
I think the mother of the last Han emperor also got quite a bit of pagetime in the early chapters.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:45 am

Jiangshi wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:14 am
Fair enough. My point in shitting on the japanese was more about the fact that Dynasty Warriors wasn't the first time they genderswapped Xuanzang (those clowns did that for centuries in movies, theatre, etc,), even though both the historical figure as well as the novel protagonist were men. Completely butchered depictions of anything foreign is not so much limited to Dynasty Warriors but a japanese fiction thing in general.
They also insist on making "Sandy" (forgot chinkname) a kappa even now because of some dodgy translations of JTTW from five hundred years ago.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:15 am

Thought I'd bump this thread to appreciate how damn good Age of Calamity is. I got a Switch late last year and liked Breath of the Wild and found out about it and despite it clearly not being a proper prequel like it was implied (luckily I knew that going it) fuck me this game was like crack. I even went back and played the original Hyrule Warriors but that didn't hold a candle to Age of Calamity other than a better frame rate. The Sheikah Runes add much needed depth and variety to the combat compared to Hyrule Warriors which is way more mindless.

I've been lied to about Dynasty Warriors games being "just mash square and win", while they aren't deep like DMC in terms of combat they are way deeper than most Action RPGs and have some of those RPG elements to them.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:32 pm

But does Age of Anality have the quality waifus from Link's Awakening and Wind Waker? I think not.

And really, normies get a wrong impression of Warriors titles becuse they play on Normal and below, where only other playable characters even attempt to fight.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:40 am

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:15 am

I've been lied to about Dynasty Warriors games being "just mash square and win", while they aren't deep like DMC in terms of combat they are way deeper than most Action RPGs and have some of those RPG elements to them.
Mainstream reviewers (aside from Spergling) have a massive hateboner for musou games too, so that contributes to their negative perception among the public. I believe the Hyrule Warriors games reviewed well, but a lot of older musou games did not.

Musou games have their own internal strategy. They're not the deepest games in the world, but they are deeper than people think. I said this in another thread, but anti-musou types always argue, "oh you don't do anything except kill a billion weak mooks in those games, they're boring." But the weak mooks aren't the objective. They're just an obstacle. Usually a lot of the enemies on the map are optional trash, there to get in your way when you move from goal to goal. The objective is usually to kill a strong boss character or take a number of points in succession. Sometimes on a timer, visible or invisible. The games usually test your ability to kill everything in your way under some sort of crunch condition.

And yeah, they have a ton of playable characters, loads of weapons, mounts and gear. All of that shit has been in the games since Dynasty Warriors 5 at least. I think most of it was in since 3, however.

Some other notable Warriors games that I think are worth playing:

Samurai Warriors 2 (muh weebshit simulator, also older musou games could be balls hard and not give any fucks)
Dynasty Warriors 3 (worth trying to see the game that started it all)
Dynasty Warriors 5 (the pinnacle of the old series imo, along with warriors orochi 1)
Warriors Orochi 1 (the story makes no sense, but gameplay is super fun. You can hot-swap between 3 characters mid-mission)
Dynasty Warriors 8 (the best of the "new" mainline warriors games. It has both story and gameplay, with plenty of unlockables and extras)
Pirate Warriors 3 (if you like Wan Piss, this game is very good. Even if you don't like Single Urine, it's still fun.)
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:28 am

All I want is a romance of the three kingdoms style game with dynasty warriors battles. And no empires doesn't count.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]