Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Nintentard's thread

Post by mad bum » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 am

Shitpost about how nintendo fanboy's make excuses for the switch just because it's portable, and will blindly buy any game for it to "support third party"

Doom is confirmed for 30 FPS and like 500 resolution and suddenly 60 FPS isn't a big deal "because I can take it to work" when before they thought the game would be 60 FPS easy.

The game does look pretty good for a handheld, but looks like it plays like shit. Games like skyrim are more acceptable because of the controls.

This game is also going to be full price when it comes out, when I can buy it used to around $12 or usually on sale on steam for around the same price.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Seele

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Seele » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:02 am

This thing will do well mainly on the merit of first party support, especially with Pokemon on the way, but 3rd party support looks questionable for the foreseeable future of this thing (aside from Monster Hunter & Nip ports sustaining it in Japan). There's no legit reason for fucking Skyrim & that automatic insta-kill edition of Doom to be priced at 60 bucks again. Plus, it's unsurprising that they've fallen into the typical console fanboy damage control phase thanks to the usual corporate slave-tier cognitive dissonance, with excuses boiling down to "30 fps is 'cinematic'" or "it's also portable, so it's OK!" If the Switch can handle Mario Odyssey at a stable 60 FPS, then I expect better than this. This port is pathetic, and no one should be defending it at all.

Add to the fact that some 3rd party games will require extra data to be downloaded in order to fully function & essentially add the rest of a game's features (microSD cards are a necessity due to the laughable internal storage of the console itself, which fanboys utilize "Apple Sheep" levels of damage control by making a comparison to mobile devices like tablets and phones which come with small storage, and will inevitably become a potential hassle in the near future), and the Switch may, more or less, just be another device to only play Nintendo 1st party games on yet again (plus occasional indies). 3rd party support could just fall into a similar situation as the N64 did, or not. But hey, at least it's doing better than the Wii U, so that's "all that matters," right?

Aside from all that, I feel like the Switch itself was a rushed console within it's first year despite the surge in sales. The overheating battery, bendable parts due to said overheating, easily scratchable screen thanks to even the slightest pressure and smushed against the crappy dock which also contributes to extra heating, frame drops while docked, current lack of a Virtual Console, paid online pushed to next year, need for ports, microSD cards required for extra installations which thusly negate the point of data being stored on the game cards as a way of resolving the internal storage issue, voice chat requiring a seperate app that isn't native to the console itself, and left JoyCon desync issues which still haven't been fully resolved are all the proof of this being the rare sight of a rushed Nintendo product. Don't be surprised if there'll be a Switch Lite/XL/Camera Edition/New Switch Lite/New Switch XL in the near future knowing how Nintendo milks their devices.

As for Nintendo fanboys, this isn't anything new. The cucked mentality has been in place since the N64 days when 3rd parties were slowly leaving Nintendo (NOT counting their handheld support) while Nintendo themselves were all like, "Yeah? Well, fuck you too!" which rubbed off onto Nintendrones as they carried the same burden of arrogance. This went on with the Gamecube, the second half of the Wii's life cycle, and most especially throughout the titanic disaster that was the Wii U where fanboys just kept pointing fingers at everyone else for Nintendo's problems except for Nintendo themselves. The whole "third party support" argument for Switch seems more like a self-reassurance thing to me as a way to make up for what the Wii U suffered through and pretend as though some of them care for third party support. The questions falls to whether Nintendo users will actually buy these 3rd party games or not, and whether or not Nintendo will continue giving these 3rd parties any attention aside from promoting their own 1st party titles. Other than that, Nintendrones fall into the same cancerous cesspool as Sonyggers, Xbots, and iSheep; bending over to allow their favorite companies to continue giving them an ass fucking while they religiously worship them.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:40 am

The problems with Nintendo and third party is either they block everything like on somr consoles or allow shovelware by the boatload on other consoles, they can't find a balance
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 am

Nintendo strives mainly on nostalgiafagging these days. Reddit manchildren and womenchildren now make up a majority of their consumer base; it hasn't been a kiddy/casual company in the traditional sense for the longest time.

Also gotta love how Nintendo is so mindbogglingly inept they can't even release proper compilations of their own games. They had their chances, for 15 years now, to do right by the fans in making the 80's and 90's roms accessible to fans at a reasonable price. It hasn't done it. They deliberately fuck with consumers via eshoppery, underproducing physical units, reselling games at salty prices over and over and over and not letting any one of those purchases move on to a new system.

Buy a USB controller or two, download a couple torrents and emulators. Poof. You have 100% of the NES and SNES collection. Hook up a cheap laptop via HDMI to your living room TV, invite over some normie friends, and you got yourself a nostalgia and beer fueled Friday evening. 8-)

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

Obligatory for an anti-nintendo thread.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:17 am

Bartnopolis wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 am
Buy a USB controller or two, download a couple torrents and emulators. Poof. You have 100% of the NES and SNES collection. Hook up a cheap laptop via HDMI to your living room TV, invite over some normie friends, and you got yourself a nostalgia and beer fueled Friday evening. 8-)
I honestly can't disagree, but do I honestly hate the input lag from emulation. Games like ninja gaiden as an example have that small delay, and it feels off because of it. Sorta like how fgc bitch about a few frame nerf on a move, its noticeable.

It's certainly playable, but I'm probably going to opt into everdrives and hardware from some of the money from my stuff.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:41 pm

You can get rid of at least some input lag if you literally install Gentoo.
I've been thinking of getting a GBA Everdrive but not sure if it's worth the money since I can literally emulate GBA on my fucking PSP. Don't play video games enough to warrant it.
I remember having a SuperCard DSTWO, powerfull little thang but it got crumble as the years went on, got too scared to use it.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:16 pm

"cinematic quality 30fps" what the fuck.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:09 pm

With motion blur, no less. 'Cause contemporary motion blur in games has always been so great for me and never turns the game into a vomit-inducing mess.
Bartnopolis wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 am
Also gotta love how Nintendo is so mindbogglingly inept they can't even release proper compilations of their own games. They had their chances, for 15 years now, to do right by the fans in making the 80's and 90's roms accessible to fans at a reasonable price. It hasn't done it. They deliberately fuck with consumers via eshoppery, underproducing physical units, reselling games at salty prices over and over and over and not letting any one of those purchases move on to a new system.
The fun thing is that they actually knew how to do it in the past. Super Mario All-Stars was pretty rad, what with it featuring all main Mario titles up to that point in glorious 16-bit. And they even updated it later by also adding in Super Mario World.

And then when Mario had his 25th(?) anniversary, they just ported the game onto Wii. The original All-Stars of course, not the one with Mario World.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:11 pm

If it doesn't support motion controls then it is indeed a lazy port. In that gameplay why is he using 2 analog sticks, am I missing something?