Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

B-but muh atmosphere...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:17 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:46 pm
I don't care. It should be in the basic movement.
It's also part of the reason that I don't like Blasphemous. Waaaaaay too slow.

They should all look at Dead Cells. Fast, fluent movement. It's a dream to play and that's a large part of its success.
Blasphemous' platforming also sucks major dong.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:46 pm

It's especially in that dungeon below the fuckhuge bell that is full of floating ghosts and moving poison clouds. I paused my playthrough when I realized this was the only place left for me to go through atm.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:30 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:46 pm
It's especially in that dungeon below the fuckhuge bell that is full of floating ghosts and moving poison clouds. I paused my playthrough when I realized this was the only place left for me to go through atm.
The part that pissed me off, well there were two:

-ice place full of bell ghosts combined with instant kill spikes and crumbling platforms
-bell ghosts combined with spikes and crumbling platforms in general

The wall jumping is mega dogshit. It's so slow that you can't possibly react to threats and I swear I've had the game eat my inputs. I'm not the dsp type who always blames the game either. It's pretty rare the number of games where I felt I was pressing a button and it was getting eaten.

The bell ghosts and ghosts in general are just bullshit because they can float somewhere you are physically unable to reach and then spam attacks at you. Some ghost attacks are practically undodgeable unless you're in a room where you can take cover.

Spikes being an instant kill in a game with platforming this sluggish, clunky and slow is a serious crime. The combat is fine and the atmosphere is excellent, but I don't understand why so much of the game is taken up with platforming challenges when the platforming is this poor. The punishment for missing a jump is almost always instant death.

The moving poison clouds at least don't kill you instantly.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:44 am

I also feel like parrying is broken. I could never figure out the timing on several enemies. For some it just appeared to be random.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:46 am

I was able to do the parrying for those enemies you are required to parry. But I didn't bother for the others. I'm a little annoyed there are enemies you 100% MUST parry. One of the nicer aspects of a well-made souls game is you're rarely forced to use advanced mechanics like parrying in order to progress. Blasphemous demands you parry from pretty much the start of the game.

You might try getting into some combat situations and seeing if the parrying is broken, or if it's just that Blasphemous keeps eating your inputs like a motherfucker. Because that's my suspicion of what's happening.

The controller layout is kinda shit too, as long as I'm bitching. Parry and heal are both on a shoulder button and so is dodge. Don't get confused about which shoulder bumper/trigger does what! I've accidentally used my precious estus numerous times when trying to dodge or parry.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:16 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:46 am
One of the nicer aspects of a well-made souls game is you're rarely forced to use advanced mechanics like parrying in order to progress.
Good thing too, since I've never played a "well-made" one. It's all janky shit, held together by lollipop sticks and cum with a decent game underneath.
Especially parrying is a shit garbage desynched mess - in a sjngleplayer game. How does one even mess that up?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:28 am

Don't ask me. It works a lot better in salt and sanctuary than it does in proper Fromsoft souls games. And salt was made by 2 people.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:20 pm

A shame none of these two knew how to draw a human being.

And I think my "favorite" Blasphemous enemy so far is in this cistern I think. Those asshole ghosts who teleport all over the fucking place and snipe at you with kamehamehas. That would already be pretty bullshit in a more responsive game like Dead Cells.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:33 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:16 am
Good thing too, since I've never played a "well-made" one. It's all janky shit, held together by lollipop sticks and cum with a decent game underneath.
Especially parrying is a shit garbage desynched mess - in a sjngleplayer game. How does one even mess that up?
You will love it and you will play it in all its glory because Soulslike are the future of gaymes - Reddit, probably.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow