Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Jiangshi

Re: Retro Games

Post by Jiangshi » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:48 pm

"College boy" is an underrated insult.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:38 pm

Jiangshi wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:48 pm
"College boy" is an underrated insult.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:47 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:22 am
So you're a weeb, but don't know Cave?
We had a discussion about this like last month ago.
I feel like there is a bit of a spectrum between "Has played like 4 Cave games" and "Knows even the most obscure side project ever released by Cave".
Furthermore, I don't see how being familiar with Cave has anything to do with my freedom to mock silly game titles.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:14 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:47 pm
I feel like there is a bit of a spectrum
You're on the spectrum.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:24 pm

I pity your ad hominem skills.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:58 pm

I pity your dad for having such an embarrassing son.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:58 pm

I pity your dad for having such an embarrassing son.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:15 pm

You're just salty because your dad ran out of the hospital screaming and never came back.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:07 am

Got my no-miss (no lives lost) of Espgaluda II Black Label Novice. Very easy no-miss, honestly. I didn't play perfectly or anything and I didn't have a route or much practice. My strategy was just, pick Ageha, sweep the shot back and forth across the weak enemies, then focus laser anything strong. Tap dodging on reaction worked 90%+ of the time to avoid boss patterns. But Novice mode is very very easy. There's a big jump in difficulty from Black Label Novice to Black Label. For those wondering, Espgaluda II Black Label is basically a "2.0" or "1.5" mix of the original xbox 360 mode, which is itself an upscale of the arcade original. What makes Black Label different is you can bullet cancel enemies by killing them, which the normal mode doesn't do unless you're in bullet time already. The game has a bullet time mode where your model changes and you gain a different shot and laser option.

Compared to Mushihimesama (not Futari), the novice mode in Espgaluda II is a lot easier for both 360 and Black Label versions. Mushihimesama Novice Original and Maniac (essentially its version of 360 and Black Label modes) have some actual teeth to them. I still haven't made it past stage 4 on one credit in mushihimesama novice. I also haven't found a weapon set I really like in Mushihimesama. Ageha in Esgaluda II is straight-up the best character for newbies because he has no disadvantages.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:19 pm

Kinda sucks that Wayforward decided to an English localization of Kunio-tachi no Banka just to pass it off as a prequel to their pozzed River City Girls pseudo-spinoff.