What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:02 am

What Voice said but mostly the real time stuff. Troika real time engine shit is peak faggotry.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:05 am

That one orc campaign from the Warcraft 3 expansion that was just a single RPG map felt less like a weird-ass RTS.
Pathfinder: Cuckmaker was embiggened a thousandfold when they stopped copying that old engine and just gave you a turn-based option (which someone has already modded in, but I digress).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:00 am

The press to pause combat is the absolute worst combat system ever invented for RPGs. There's so much shit that has it, mostly all of that overrated Bioware crap.

Might & Magic and Wizardry rule. MM7 is probably still one of my all time favorite games. It drips with charm and every quest sends you way across the world. Love it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:07 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:00 am
There's so much shit that has it, mostly all of that overrated Bioware crap.
I bet it's because of normies who think that real-time is more "modern" (but it's prett much crap for anything where you're supposed to control a party of murderhobos).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:11 pm

It's only an illusion of real time anyway. The actual gameplay is turn-based, so you might as well play it that way.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:15 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:58 am
Copy-pasting the D&D system and making it realtime was a mistake. I'm pretty sure Might & Magic allowed you to switch between real- and turn-based years before, whenever you want.
Plus both M&M, Wizardry and really every PC-based D&D dungeon crawler clone lets you create your entire party, usually with much more interesting options than the D&D attempts (you can be a Wookie samurai in Wizardry).

Also M&M and Wizardry are science fantasy of the pulpiest kind, so you can find ray guns and shit.
I do vastly prefer turn-based to real-time. If you have to use autopause then why the fuck not make it turn based anyway.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:06 pm

One of the funnier things about Baldur's Gate 3 is that """purists""" are harping on it for not having their precious shittastic combat system and actually having some sense of turn based combat just like the TtRPG on which the entire damn franchise is based has been played for years.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:25 pm

What are they so mad about? Isn't it basically a total-conversion mod for Divinity: Original Sins?
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:15 pm
I do vastly prefer turn-based to real-time. If you have to use autopause then why the fuck not make it turn based anyway.
A desparate attempt to attract the Diablo crowd?
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:31 pm

I also much prefer turn based over real time. Real time most of the time is simply not interesting and retarded, like already mentioned forced pause or game being completely automated (like FF13). Why the fuck have that in the first place?
The only time I can think of it kinda works is Planescape Torment. Dragon Age and NWN fucking blows.

I'm enjoying Legend of Grimrock, though. So if you want, you can make it work.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:36 pm

Grimrock is a clone of the old Dungeon Master series, and both make the real-time "work" by having you control the entire party like a single FPS character.
-Yours Truly