What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Dual-Genbu can have its uses if you have hoarded armor that gives you additional HP regen when the battlefield is attuned to water.
And I don't think the Lobster armor actually comes with significant weaknesses. It's certainly better than what Snowman gets (sure, it makes him immune to both cold and fire, but it doesn't raise your defense all that much against anything else, and his stats are pretty rubbish for a martial arts / mage hybrid).
More EDF5 spergShow
Finished my Fencer run on hard.

I'm a bit disappointed by the Cannon Shot. It's fun to clean out tunnels with it, but I don't think the long windup and huge recoil are really worth it in most other missions. It just doesn't feel like it deletes enough critters from the map. I'd rather pick the regular shotgun to take more advantage of the Fencer's improved mobility.
Dispersal Mortars on the other hand just got better with each tier. They fuck everything up. Even the dreaded cluster of angry hornets goes down nicely enough, which finally let me get over my reliance on missile launchers (the last one fast enough for the task didn't really do all that much damage, anyways).
Those mortars are also fantastic against infantry, capable of easily stripping off multiple layers on a heavy one. The regular alien infantry usually goes down with 2 shots, or even 1 if enough shells hit the head.

Alien infantry was also the primary reason why I prefered the Jackhammer over the Blasthole Spear in later missions. It strips armor lightning fast (even faster if you combine it with say a shotgun) and hitstuns them all the way through. They're pretty much toast once they're in your Jackhammer range. Alien infantry is really no threat at all to a Fencer.
Except for those laser snipers, who can use their oversized laser pointer to melt your armor within seconds from across the map. Fuck those guys.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 10, 2021 11:46 am

Scarlet Graces is really good once you get your team built up a little. The beginning was painful. Some of the most painful SaGa time I've had. But now I've got a good team and I'm cruising right along, making progress, earning weapon ranks, picking up upgrades and doing sidequests. The game has a lot of content once you get out of prologue.

Finished Hard West. I stand by my statement that it's a good buy on a cheap sale if you like xcom or strategy games. None of the campaigns are as long or substantial as xcum, but there are a good number of them and they're enjoyable. Sort of like short stories.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu May 13, 2021 5:45 am

Last year the group that was doing the fan translation for Tales of Destiny PS2 gave up. Now I found out that another group picked up the slack and has almost finished the Director's Cut version of the game:

https://github.com/furiousg4m3r/Tales-of-Destiny-DC

Finally some good news. I always wanted to play this game but the moonrunes always dissuaded me.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri May 14, 2021 2:03 pm

Dragon Ball FighterZ is fun as fuck. Its got that easy to learn/hard to master flow that I like in a good fighter. It doesn't work as DBZ fanfic as well as like Tenkaichi 3 - but I enjoy the technicals more.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 14, 2021 2:20 pm

I got bored with it rather quickly.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 14, 2021 4:13 pm

It's like Arcana Heart with dudes aka worse.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon May 17, 2021 11:18 am

Really? Keep in mind, I'm speaking as a not Blazblue/KOF/only casual Street Fighter fan.

I think the limited cast is an issue, and selecting fused characters instead of performing fusion during the fight misses what made fusion fun in Budokai 3 - but I'm hooked, man. The actual fighting I think is solid.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 17, 2021 1:30 pm

Tag team fusions isn't really a thing non-animu arena fighters actually do. The only case I can recall are those two OCs from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 17, 2021 1:41 pm

It's solid, just a bit shallow.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 17, 2021 5:41 pm

Then they managed to perfectly emulate the source material *ba dum tss*

And I've been playing some more EDF5 with the Wing Diver. The Hard missions seem to be going a lot smoother than the Fencer's. Guess it's because the Fencer run granted me higher-level Wing Diver weapons.
The new weapon charge mechanics took a bit getting used to, but I kinda like it. Spending the energy before firing gives you better energy control overall.
They didn't really change that any Wing Diver weapon over 300 m range tends to suck balls, though.
I've mainly been using the Lance weapon, which I have largely ignored in the previous game. Pretty fucking dope. Cost almost no energy, kill the shit out of everything, and the Dragoon Lances even pierce. Most of them only have around 100 m range, but my Fencer run gave me a high-end Dragoon Lance that goes almost twice as far. It even shoots twice in a row for extra murderizing (should also come in handy for when the cosmonauts show up; if everything works out the first shot should break the armor while the second one should finish off the alien).

Also checked out Dragon Marked for Deah, mostly since I liked the Blaster Master games by the same developers.
It's pretty much what you get if you use a Mega Man zero clone engine to make a Dragon's Crown clone. There's even a character that's basically Zero (if Zero's charge shot turned him into a stationary turret).
There's also the Ninja if you want a less overpowered version of Copen from the Gunvolt games.
-Yours Truly