What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:37 am

Can you slipstream off niggas? I forget what the name is for it. You ride behind them and it builds up your speed to pass them. Midnight Club 3 was full of that.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:48 am

Not ordinarily. Multiplayer has events specifically for that, though. In those you just gain constant nitro in their slipstream, unless they are drifting.
That is less helpful than it may sound. Any nitro will only boost your too speed for a tiny bit. It's more about the acceleration.

So in this current even that actually is the case and you'll see people just using nitro wrong.
There's yellow, blue, red and purple. Ordered from lowest acceleration and consumption to highest.
But they differ further. Blue has the best turn radius and purple is only accessible from a full nitro bar.

Generally speaking, in an event with slipstream, you could have any boost active permanently, if you remain in a slipstream and once you have reached max speed, they are all the same. So blue would be best, since you can still corner well.

Meanwhile, in the air you can reach 30% higher top speed. So you'll want to red or purple boost to reach that new top speed ASAP to make up for the increased distance you travel.

Most people don't seem to get that at all. They will purple boost all the time and bump into walls because of the shit turn radius.

You can also halt the slipstream you produce by drifting. So getting rid of the guys behind you us ridiculously easy in slipstream events.
Just drive well, maybe drift more than usual and you'll lose them. They will be so focussed on following someone just to get that nitro, they will drive shit lines to stay in that stream.
Drive the ideal line, drift to cut off their nitro and as soon as they run out you'll leave them in the dust.

But no, normally there is no slipstream. Wouldn't make sense for the game either, as it's too fast for that and too reliant on you being airborne.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:16 am

I keep crushing whales. Faggots with good cars that don't know the routes for some reason.
Really shows they just bought their way and never had to optimize routing to achieve the daily race goals. Can't make it? Just pump 100 bucks into a car, I guess.

Meanwhile, I learned the tracks on a much weaker car and how to squeeze milliseconds out of the track to make the daily goal and boy it shows.
Feels good to see the entire field of better cars to take a wrong turn and pass all of them so hard they can't catch up anymore regardless.

I win by two seconds on a 1:20 race against much faster cars and wonder how, watch the replay and see them all veer off into the wrong turn on a track that has been a weekly race for three years. How the fuck do they not know the fastest route asleep by now? Must be whales.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:39 am

Star galore and resulting poverty today.
I am playing the Switch version btw, which lags a year behind the mobile version but also supposedly has better rewards.
Anyway, it's the second anniversary and special events are taking place.
First off a daily race with a fully upgraded, high tier car every day. Those are fun, pay out well and get you one blueprint of the car. Neat!

More importantly, today started an event that gives you a crazy amount of blueprints for a couple of American cars. Since the last season was the American one, I have all those cars but hadn't them at max stars.
You'd get 10 BPs for three lower ranked cars and fifteen for two higher end ones - per race, repeatable three times each. So 45 BPs for the W70 and the 003S just from six short races, which is an absurd amount.
I also played some other events and this is the tally today:

BMW 3.0 CSL - 3rd star, maxed
Lotus Evora - 3rd star, maxed
Chevy Camaro ZL1 - 3rd star, maxed
Jaguar F-Type - 3rd of 4 stars
ER W70 - 3rd star, maxed
SGC 003S - Unlocked, 3 of 4 stars!
Ferrari F12tdf - Unlocked
Aston Martin Vulcan - 4th star, maxed
Dodge Viper GTS - 3rd of 4 stars
Icona Volcano - Unlocked, 2 of 6 stars

13 stars in one day, two cars from not even unlocked to more than one star!
It turns out that most high rank cars take a lot of blueprints to unlock but then only a few more for each next star.
I don't have the credits to upgrade all that shit, despite earning loads today.
Then again, more cars alone means more fuel.
I now have two S Class cars, bettered my A Class, made my B Class roster buff as fuck and rounded off D Class.

This is more progress in a day than I had for several weeks before. So many cars were just on the brink and today the Gordian knot tore all at once.
I guess I'll have to kick ass online for a while now to get those credits.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:12 pm

I don't know why i waited until now to play this.
Faster Symphony with the elf bitch replacing Alucard.
The music is great too:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:21 pm

Ah yes, very cool game. Really did their homework on capturing that SotN style. You can even turn on that weird after image effect that Alucard had. Also love that you can hover for free after the first couple minutes of the game. Not even overpowered, just cool.
A spirit familiar tag team with Ikaruga-like gameplay is not canon with any edition of D&D, though.

(My only actual gripe was a single arrow puzzle which I eventually overcame by spamming with a bow that shoots out 3 arrows at once.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:49 pm

>console only release

Too bad.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:57 pm

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:26 pm

I'm surprised I never even heard of that game.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:29 pm

Noice.