What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:58 pm

That's technically true for almost everyone.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:41 pm

I've now played most of Skyrim's main plot and most of the guilds and this was even much worse than I remembered, so lame even on Bethesda standards. The plot is so childish and uninspiring that it is like some perception of a plot produced by some artificial intelligence. I didn't really remember anything about the plot and there was a good reason for it: there's nothing to remember.

"Go do dis, go do dis" is the perfect summary of the game. A perfectly linear combination of fetch quests only interrupted once when you are sent to an elf party to do some CIA niggering, quite boring quest, but at least they tried something different. Excluding this everything you do in this game is fetching some Dragon's Asshole Artifact from some dull cave full of Draugrs which don't even pose any threat to you, but oh, there's one Draugr Deathlord which kills you with one hit lol. Playing melee oriented? You WILL use stealth archery, you faggot.
SpoilerShow
Playing this game feels like being stuck in Groundhog Day with all the NPCs saying their usual crap every time they come around. I find myself actively avoiding their close proximity so I don't have to hear that same shit all the time. Warmaiden blacksmith "muh father" in Whiterun is especially speshul. "I help my father in more ways than people realize", uuh, nasty, "Have you met my father? He's the steward, up at blahblah" Yes, I've met your fucking father, stop asking me about it or soon this gamer will rise up.

When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:47 pm

>playing through the main plot

That's on you, really. You're not supposed to play through the main plot. You're supposed to waste time with fetch quests and whacky mods.
veris leta facies wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:41 pm
Excluding this everything you do in this game is fetching some Dragon's Asshole Artifact from some dull cave full of Draugrs
You only have to say "cave". This is Skyrim after all. The dullness and Draugr are implied.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:58 pm
I have much better food sources mere minutes away from me.
Fun fact: in Ireland, subway subs have been legally judged as not qualifying as food.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:12 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:47 pm
(((whacky))) mods.
[April liked that]
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:20 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:22 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:58 pm
I have much better food sources mere minutes away from me.
Fun fact: in Ireland, subway subs have been legally judged as not qualifying as food.
Understandable. They've got no potatoes after all.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:54 pm

Doom the Roguelike 2.0 :

Fun but a little too simplistic.
No hunger system, crafting limited to putting mods into armor and weapons and then dismantling them to recover the former.
3 classes too choose from, with the technician being the best (with the right build you can automatically hack all the mechs, drones and turrets of the level and turn them into allies, and then summon more of them in levels with no robots), the marine being the second best (with the right build he's a tank who heals himself), and the scout being the worst (with the right build he can sneak up to enemies, suck their cocks and die).
The graphics are very nice for a roguelike, the heavy metal music sucks and i believe it's there to make you forget that this is not an action game and you have to plan your moves.
Very few buttons to press, so you can play it with a controller.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:14 am

The lack of diagonal movement turn this into an RNG fest. I didn't like it when I played it about two years ago.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:01 am

Barring some fucker performing a miracle, I got placed second in a Grand Prix in Asphalt 9.
I got second in two, 11th in one, 6th in one and first in the last time trials race.

What I've noticed is that a lot of single players don't have a clan. Bad mistake!
Creating a clan costs just a few premium credits you get via the piss easy daily rewards in two or three days. Now you can get clan rewards on your own. Youre turning down free stuff!

The game may have gatcha mechanics but skill will take you very far in the races that matter. The entire Grand Prix was done with the same, maxed out car to use for free for everyone, as all Grand Prix events are.

Meanwhile, in Grid, I'm in the 6th season. I've upped the difficulty yet again for a bit more challenging driving. I am currently driving my second season in Street with Monster Energy this time around because they made a good offer.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:45 am

I'm right at the penultimate area of Blaster Master Zero 3. Very nice so far. I really like the changes, especially that your various counters are now all active at the same time (triggering under different circumstances).

The new dimension-swapping gimmick has been done pretty neat so far, especially for those optional dungeons with the health & energy power-ups (and sometimes new weapons). You can either do them normally (where you have to deal with switch puzzles, destructible barriers and tough-as-nails robots that you have to avoid instead of beat because to keep respawning endlessly), or swap dimensions (which sends you through a semi-random, but otherwise normal dungeon).
I generally picked the latter because I still got PTSD from that area in the first game that has stealth sections. It's overall the more relaxed alternative, since normal enemies are less aggressive than the robots, making them easier to defeat or just ignore as you dash past them.
You only need to take the regular route in one dungeon if you want the tank's wave motion gun, and even then it's just the last third of the dungeon (which is pretty much just a straight line with those destructible barriers).

Overall, it's pretty nifty that they let the player choose whether they want to try out those new puzzle dungeons, or if they're happy enough with the old type of dungeons.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette