What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:16 am

It's alright. Typical Roguelite stuff going on like dying your way forward because it's basically impossible without having bought upgrades from previous runs.

Focus on one ship type first, hope you get the boss glyph that stops the reinforcement early, use that to have time to collect all the shit until you have a reasonably upgraded ship.

Overall pretty neat but a bit repetitive.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:50 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:36 pm
Why does JayKay hate troons but think transracialsim is okay?
There are only two genders, but multiple brands of brown and chocolate waifus.
More relevantly, she can keep the browns out of her life and neighbourhood but the troons are legally entitled to jerk off in the women's changing room and there's nothing she can do about that except complain.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:49 am

She can always identify as male and hang out with British Gentlemen.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:16 am
It's alright. Typical Roguelite stuff going on like dying your way forward because it's basically impossible without having bought upgrades from previous runs.
Whoever came up with this format, anyways? Fans of DSP?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:46 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:16 am

Focus on one ship type first, hope you get the boss glyph that stops the reinforcement early, use that to have time to collect all the shit until you have a reasonably upgraded ship.

Overall pretty neat but a bit repetitive.
Can I just say how much I hate the concept of dying your way forward? RogueLIKES were never about that. You could always beat any true roguelike on a fresh save. Sure, if you wanna have persistent unlocks like new character classes or new enemy types then go wild. But not upgrades.

Even in survival games like don't starve, you can always survive forever on a fresh save. You don't even need to die to unlock new characters. You can just go to the next world.

Anyway, I'll probably still get the game unless there's some better space sim/action games out there for console plebs.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:39 pm

It has some fame mechanics that are there for specific mission that can't be done in a single run. Like some bounty hunter giving you people to hunt down. Since you can only go forward, you couldn't even hand in the completed mission.

Not saying it's a good system. It plain isn't. Just so you're aware of it being there.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:15 pm

Eh. I'm wondering if maybe something like Rebel Galaxy Outlaw would be more my speed. I am trying out Elite Dangerous, and it's ok, but that's almost too much of a sim. I like having the option of non-combat character progression, but the control scheme is absolutely ridiculous. Oh, you want to shoot something? Make sure you are in the "shoot things" cockpit mode! Because if you were just scanning a planet, you're going to have to switch both your hardpoint fire groups and your cockpit mode. Why do you have to switch cockpit view modes? No fucking idea. The view is essentially the same.

It's alright though. I flew a few beginner courier jobs, then used the money to buy an upgraded all-rounder ship, the Adder. I'll probably convert it for exploration and/or cargo hauling.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:43 am

Have you played the previous game? Certainly more game-y than sim-y, and currently 90% off thanks to the sequel (which so far has gotten less favorable reviews).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:23 pm

I haven't played the first Elite, if that's what you mean.

I decided the Adder wasn't doing it for me. Good specs for where I am in the game, but I spend 100% of my time in gameplay in cockpit view, and the Adder's view is shit. Totally obscured by pillars and posts everywhere. Bought myself an Eagle. It's cheap and fun, kind of like your mom. Only thing about it I don't like is its pitiful jump range. I'm thinking I'll probably end up selling both the Eagle and Adder eventually and going back to the starting sidewinder. I've purchased a few really nice parts and I'll likely pull those out of both the other ships before I sell them, then slap em into the sidewinder. I won't be out too much money, really, and the sidewinder will be quite a bit better than starting ones.

I'm mostly still tooling around the galaxy, running courier jobs as a way to see all the major systems and stations. So it doesn't matter what ship I use. Nice thing about a courier job is I know it's going to take me to another populated system. I'll eventually want to kit myself out with a nice explorer craft. Exploration/cargo sounds like a fun combo.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:36 am

Oh, I meant the first Rebel Galaxy.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:26 am

Elite Dangerous is a space trucker sim. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Everything else is bare bones as fuck, has always been and will always be that way.
Never, ever join a faction. It brings limitations with just about no rewards ever.

No clue about wonky controls as I only ever played it with HOTAS and it works perfectly for that. So well that I could play the game blind and was able to play it perfectly when I crushed two fingers on my left hand. It was the only thing I was able to play for several weeks. I am sure I mentioned space trucking on 2.0 or 3.0.

Don't look for a point of the game. It has none. It's just kinda there, like Euro Truck Simulator or Spintires/Mudrunner/Snowrunner.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!