What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:44 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:16 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:39 pm
(Starlink got a bunch of good reviews too, proving the market is starved.)
But Ubisoft has startet to pull the plug because the toys aren't selling enough.
Ubi always do that whenever their newest IP doesn't make a shitzillion dollars. The game was well-received and has continued to do well on consoles.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/393757 ... at-retail/

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/63600/st ... index.html

Do you know why it mostly sold to switch owners? Because the switch version has a digital edition that removes the toys2life bullshit. It also has Star Fox in it, but that just shows how badly people want more space games really. Star Fox hasn't been relevant to gaming since Star Fox 64 (Assault at the absolute most recent) and kids don't play n64 games these days.

Their biggest misstep was to include the toys2life scam in the first place. We may never know the real sales numbers, but it did well enough and especially so on switch. They could have easily pumped out Starlink 2: This Time No Toys Edition using all the same recycled assets and it wouldn't have cost a fraction of a new IP. Keep in mind this is Ubisoft and they did the exact same fucking thing TWICE with assassin's creed 2 and once with assassin's creed 4. Not even talking about dlc. I'm talking a straight-up asset rip and flip with new missions and new skins over old models.

But don't get it twisted, because I'm not saying I want more of that shit. Just that it could have been another yearly franchise for them if they'd wanted to go that route. They fucked things up for themselves by being so goddamn greedy. All their games now (including starlink btw) have the most egregious, exploitative loot box systems imaginable. Ubisoft has always been on the cutting edge of wallet-milking.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:37 pm

It is my fault for forgetting that Ubisoft only cares about milking the fuck out of their paypigs.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm

Plus, Ubi hasn't bothered to make another 3D Rayman game (give 2 and 3 the Spyro/Crash treatment) because they've been milking the Rabbids for all their worth.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:44 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:37 pm
It is my fault for forgetting that Ubisoft only cares about milking the fuck out of their paypigs.
They all do, hence no spaceship games.
Did the industry take note of Scam Citizen? Yes. They also saw that shit's too difficult to make. Same with Elite.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:41 pm

Sperm Citizen's success is solely because it was a scam. If they actually tried to make the game it would all fall apart.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:12 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Sperm Citizen's success is solely because it was a scam. If they actually tried to make the game it would all fall apart.
Yeah, most of the funding was raised during the later stages when it was already less about a game and more of a ponzi scheme.

To the big studios it still served as proof that you can't just knock out a game like it in two years on whatever house engine they use so it's automatically uninteresting.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:46 pm

If you want a SemensPunk game that is not total shit, play this one:

Open world rpg/twin stick shooter, with a lot of goofy aliens that talk in gibberish.
So far i haven't seen annoying politics, but i haven't played much yet.
Of course a lot of the haircuts for your OC are cancer, but it's unavoidable in this genre. I went with the shaved head and after a couple of hours my character already looks like Robocop.

The graphics are really nice and full of details, they are what people expected ScammerPunk 2077 to look like.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:23 am

Pedohunter wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:51 pm
thats not shit?
Well it's still CyberSodomy, so strong emphasis on "not total".

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:15 am

Complicity wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:46 pm
Of course a lot of the haircuts for your OC are cancer, but it's unavoidable in this genre.
Not true. In the only piece of semenjunk media worth bothering with, BubbleCum Grisis, the cute girls have cute fluffy 80's animu hair.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:54 am

ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:15 am
Complicity wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:46 pm
Of course a lot of the haircuts for your OC are cancer, but it's unavoidable in this genre.
Not true. In the only piece of semenjunk media worth bothering with, BubbleCum Grisis, the cute girls have cute fluffy 80's animu hair.
Fucking right, goddamn it.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.