What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:20 pm

Both Terraria and Dead Cells are doing/planning a crowdfunder for a board game adaptation. Dafuq?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:26 pm

I like Dead Cells but how does a board game version make sense? It's a game that works due to very fast and fluent platforming. That doesn't translate at all into rolling dice.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:35 pm

At least with some of this board games (like that Street Fighter one Shilling Silvio kept promoting) one might argue they're just a vehicle to sell figures.
From the Dead Cells Kickstater however this looks more like a eurogame with like one figure. It's also a co-op game where the players fight through the various biomes together, which brings to mind a more convoluted version of Reiner Knizia's famous Lord of the Rings board game.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:37 am

I figured out how to dress my weebshitter OC in the gantz armor when playing sword art online fatal bullet. If you equip the default computer-companion armor and color it black with red (or blue/white) trim, the result is near identical to this:

Color your guns black too and some of the more futuristic designs look just right. :lol:

Fatal Bullet is unique among SWO games in that you create your own character and don't play as fucking Kirito. His cancerous ass is in the game with its own shitty game mode. So are the other stupid fucking characters. But by and large, Fatal Bullet is just Freedom Wars 2. The same team made both games and it has damn near identical gameplay to Freedom Wars. In fact, some assets in the game world look straight ripped from FW, lmao.

The game is aggressively "fine." Reasonably fast-paced rpg-tps combat. The worst part about the game is the SWO license, unsurprisingly. I don't know if it would have sold better, but the game might have been respected more if it were released as Freedom Wars 2 or some stand-alone bamco shooter-rpg.

I liked Freedom Wars quite a bit, despite how obviously unfinished the game was. I wish the team could have revisited the game and added the extra content it sorely needed.

Fatal Bullet gets a cautious recommend. Just remember to skip every single cutscene and don't read any of the retarded story. The shooting is solid and you can spend a lot of time out in the open world just shooting shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:53 am

>playing a Sword Cuck Online game
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:56 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:53 am
Not enough underage girls in it for your liking?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:39 pm

Friendly reminder that Gun Cuck Online was the story arc where Kirito's in-game avatar was a waifu. If you trust the series after that point you're just asking for traps.
-Yours Truly

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:24 pm

SOA and Star Wars. Only the best franchises for nigtac.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:56 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:53 am
Not enough underage girls in it for your liking?
SOA girls have boring designs.
I can't believe anybody jacks to them.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:48 pm

So I did something I never thought possible: I played Age of Empires III.

I like that the game is more transparent when it comes to attack bonuses, and it's nice that ranged units can switch to melee mode (kinda like Cossacks or something), or that every unit has a dedicated "siege attack" for use against buildings (just looks fancier to see your units throw torches and shit at a building instead of poking it with a stick until it collapses). Being able to train units in groups of 5 is also handy.
I don't really get why different unit types have diferent formations and stances. That's just weird af.

And speaking of weird af: Where is my in-game tech tree? Where is my "Get back to fucking work" button for garrisoned units? Even AoE2 hat at least the former since its first release.
Also it's nice that we have a special snowflake "explorer" character instead of a simple scout, but I dunno how to feel about these "treasures" all over the map. Did they rip this off of Warcraft 3 or something?

Deck building looks kinda cool so far. You buid like a custom set of goodies (free units, resources, or a unique technology) which you can pick from over the course of the game.
The "politicians" you pick when moving up an age leave a bit to be desired so far. Just don't seem to have the same bite as the minor gods from Age of Mythology, though maybe that's just because so far I've been mostly playing tutorials and the campaign.

Speaking of the campaign: I guess it has a similar idea than the one from Age of Mythology in that it tells a longer fictional story instead of multiple historical ones.
The problem is that the plot of the AoM campaign is kino whereas the plot of at least the first campaign is pretty half-baked. The first act (aka third) of the campaign felt like an abridged version or something. Everything is explained just enought o leave you confused.
So I'm like a Scottish crusader, who's ordered to sail to the New World because some Turk has maybe sailed there to maybe find some lake that maybe is also a fountain of youth or something, all because of some wall scribbles by a secret society that maybe exists and is maybe evil. Then I beat up Spaniard because I guess they were after this fountain as well I guess, and then I have to backstab my crusader nakama because he's a member of that secret society which clearly means that he backstabbed me first. But it's important to stop him because if he and his goons get ahold of the fountain then... bad stuff happens? Maybe?
At least the missions have a bit of variety, even if they've been piss-easy so far. In fact the only one that was a bit of a challenge was the first one, mainly because you had to fend off a constant onslaught of vandalizing Turks (so much for escapism, eh?).
Also who the fuck are these Scottish riflemen I keep seeing in cutscenes? I can't train those fuckers. In fact the only "riflemen" I can train in all of Act 1 are my fucking villagers. And pirates I guess :lol:
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:09 pm

AoE3 is an odd entry. How's 4 holding up anyway? It was overall received better than 3 but I haven't heard anything about it since release.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!