What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Complicity

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Complicity » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:44 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:36 am
Beyblade was on the thin, magical line right between totally radical and absolutely retarded.
I bet that every kid in love with Beyblade would have laughed at the idea of playing with a spinning top before watching the first episode. Even minutes before.
And that the yellow Jews behind it couldn't believe their slit eyes when not only it was successful, but it also allowed them to sell overpriced plastic dreidels with interchangeable parts which didn't do anything because the whole thing was the biggest scam in the history of children's entertainment.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:42 am

Complicity wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:44 am
I bet that every kid in love with Beyblade would have laughed at the idea of playing with a spinning top before watching the first episode. Even minutes before.
And that the yellow Jews behind it couldn't believe their slit eyes when not only it was successful, but it also allowed them to sell overpriced plastic dreidels with interchangeable parts which didn't do anything because the whole thing was the biggest scam in the history of children's entertainment.
Dude, did Beyblade kill your mother or something?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:27 am

Complicity wrote:
It is a testament to Japanese ingenuity that they can take the most ridiculous premise and make it fucking awesome.
In fact I dare say an animu is better when they go gonzo instead of having a regular, boring-ass fight animu.
Case in point:

This is legit better than any fight you've seen in any shounen animu from the last 20+ years. I wish there was an entire animu about nothing but this game.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:42 am
Dude, did Beyblade kill your mother or something?
It's just that people talk shit about YouGayBro and Poggermanz all the time, but at least those shows were based on a Magic clone and a jrpg with their own sets of rules.
Beyblade is the illusion that there are effort, complexity and strategy behind two spinning tops randomly colliding with each other.
The Beyblade product that exposes this the best is the PS1 game:

Customization doesn't matter.
The Hp bars for the spinning tops don't matter.
The way you launch the Beyblade doesn't matter.
Controlling it doesn't matter.
Because, at the end of the day, the spinning top staying in the plastic basin or not is a completely random event.
It's the entire franchise in a nutshell.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:38 pm

Complicity wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:03 pm
Beyblade is the illusion that there are effort, complexity and strategy behind two spinning tops randomly colliding with each other.
I played with Beyblade for a long time and I can tell you with certainty that you're full of shit. There is a little bit more to it than "They spinnin', nigga, they spinnin'"

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:27 am
It is a testament to Japanese ingenuity that they can take the most ridiculous premise and make it fucking awesome.
You can't even imagine how badly I want to beat the shit out of you.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:26 pm

I used to feel the same way, but then I got meds that made me feel better about myself.
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:38 pm
I played with Beyblade for a long time and I can tell you with certainty that you're full of shit. There is a little bit more to it than "They spinnin', nigga, they spinnin'"
You just need a firm grasp on practical physics.
And believe in the heart of the dreidel, which I think is YHWH?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:41 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:27 am
Complicity wrote:
In fact I dare say an animu is better when they go gonzo instead of having a regular, boring-ass fight animu.
Case in point:

This is legit better than any fight you've seen in any shounen animu from the last 20+ years. I wish there was an entire animu about nothing but this game.
Why does purple haired girl look conspicuously like that one bitchy tsundere from Lucky Star?

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:39 pm

Ren-chon is so much better amd above than any character from Lucky Star.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:41 pm
Why does purple haired girl look conspicuously like that one bitchy tsundere from Lucky Star?
I guess they have a similar hair color and style, but she's playing in a whole different league.
-Yours Truly