What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:42 pm

Round 3. Second place this time. The game crashed and ate up one of my tries, which sucks because my training times were a bit better than first place.
Beat the fucking ricenigger this time around, though.
That means I'm overall still second so far but with 135 points over third place with 75...also a ricenigger.
So much for your deranged faggot talk, Voice.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:56 am

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:21 am

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:10 pm

Second to last round. 7th place was the best I could do. Hate the track and hate the car.
People were sad you can't actually unlock the Lego car. I'm not because it's shit. It's so fucking light that hitting a ramp at ever so slightly of an angle it just flips any way it wants.

I'm still overall second place. I could have skipped this round entirely and would've been second anyway.
I guess I'll see what the last track is going to be on Monday.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:01 am

Last round. Got fourth. There is no reason to improve as I can't get to 1st place overall and 3rd can not reach me either. So 2nd place overall it is, like the last Grand Prix I played.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:24 pm

mad bum wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:21 am
What was the kid crying over?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:29 pm

It's Speed Racer. It's probably related to racing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:01 pm

They live and die by the racing track.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:35 am

Lets be real here, that kid's mother could've just been ran over by a truck and Speed would give him the same shit.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:50 pm

So I decided to honor the Great Pumpkin by finally trying out some spooky-scary games I've kept in the back of my head for years.

Ghost Master

Love the atmosphere and humor, but it could definitely use some quality-of-life improvements. Having a pause function that would still allow you to give orders would be amazing, as would be the ability to save during a mission (the game only makes a save state at the end of a mission, which is weird).
The HQ is pretty annoying tbh because it's set up like an actual level where you have to look for the ghost you want to upgrade. Sure, they're always in the same spot but finding a newcomer can be a pain. A simple menu would've been much better here.
The missions themselves can be a bit stressful if you try to do everything on your first stry (there's a main objective, but usually also a bunch of extra ghosts you can recruit if you fulfill secondary objectives, some of which can be obscure af).
Ghost balance is all over the place as well. On one end of the spectrum you have two ghosts who you can only bind to children, and on the other hand you have a trusty ghost doge you can put literally everywhere.

Sanitarium

All I knew going in was this being a point-and-click about insanity, and it certainly had a lot of that. Kinda reminded me a bit of a linear I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream with pre-rendered graphics.
It's overall rather easy on the puzzle part, with a surprising lack of moon logic for a game about being batshit. Had to look up hints a handful of times, but mostly for cases where I botched my pixel hunt roll. There was only one puzzle where I gave up and looked it up (a sound-based Simon Sez where the answer is played in a different pitch and at least 3 of the notes sound almost alike; fuck that noise).
There are also some very few "combat" scenes, but they were really more for variety than anything else. Certainly way less annoying than punching Nazis in those old Indiana Jones games.
Being an old game and all there were bound to be some glitches. The screen would sometimes go black for a frame or two (though I guess this added to the atmosphere), and especially the puzzle screens are prone to crashing. I think there are patches out there for this, but playing in windowed mode instead of fullscreen has shown to be the most solid workaround.
Overall pretty cool story and neat levels. A pleasent surprise, if you will.
Could've also benefited from a run button, but oh well.
-Yours Truly