What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:39 pm

Trying to put the piss4 to use so downloaded Warframe.

Not bad! At first I regretted picking the bow and the kunai but now that I've crafted and tried out an assault rifle I might go back to the bow. If there's a mob at range or one of the stomping robots I can just throw lightning and that's more effective than the rifle seems to be.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:19 pm

I guess at least you haven't picked Mag but Excalibur would've been the best choice.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:30 pm

One can reliably tell who's a whale in Asphalt 9 in multiplayer.
So one of the current multiplayer events is with a fully levelled Ferrari Laferrari Aperta. It's a tippity top level A Class car and incredibly fast with snappy handling.

So the only thing that matters is skill, as everyone just gets to use the same car at max potential.
If you actually have one, which I don't, it'll be max level as well for the event but your customization carries over. So you can tell that anyone that doesn't drive a default black one actually owns one.
Very fancy colour? At least two or three stars.

Just had a whale in the last race. Non-default, non-stock colour, so he owns one with at least a star.
So you'd think he'd know how it handles, right?
Boy, did that faggot drive badly! Swerving side to side in an attempt to block people from overtaking, driving so much like a spastic that he took an easy ramp and flew out of bounds and was rid of his bullshit.

I actually went and watched the replay from his perspective and he was plain terrible. Bumping into walls, driving over the pavement that slows you down all the time and taking shitty routes on a track that is part of a daily credit race rotation and should thus be a very familiar track to everyone.
He didn't just go out of bounds, he took another ramp right into the top of a fence and later on took a corner so badly that the dude behind him ran full speed at over 400 km/h into him, destroying him.

I came first with an 8 second lead, he came dead last.
I guess WWE Sweaty Men would be more his speed. You know, a game where the wallet rules all, not where plebs can play events with normalized car stats and wreck his shit badly.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:54 am

I like the idea of whales being shit at the game. I wonder if that was also true for Warframe.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:24 am

Difficult to tell, as there isn't really a competitive edge to it.
It's just so blatant in Asphalt due to the repetition of tracks. You've got the daily car hunt for blueprints of the same cars of the same 7 tracks cycling throughout the week.

Then you've got the Class events. Monday is D, Tuesday is C, bla bla, Saturday and Sunday is every class.
Also always the same tracks.

Then there are credits events. Seven tracks for every dag of the week. Always the same, although that recently changed a bit via the year two update.

Then there are the rare car events, some are regular, always the same tracks, always the same requirements.

Finally, there are the actually unique events. Those are unique.

So if you are actually playing for blueprints and credits, you will drive certain tracks over and over again every week.
Because the credit events pay out higher at faster lap speeds and you drive some barely upgraded mess, you figure out the fastest route eventually and learn that some minor fuck up can easily cost you two seconds.
Seconds that can cost you 50k credits or more, in a game where 40k credits would cost you 16€ if you were dumb enough to buy them!
50k extra every single day!

So when I see a fucker that has a high end as fuck car that gets super rare drops at three stars but sucks ass at a track any grinder has played dozens of times, that's a whale.
He bought that shit. Cool beans. Those are the faggots that will have a car of 1000+ points the value of my car in regular multiplayer that I will leave behind me. Again, a crazy advantage. If I had 1k over everyone every race I'd be first at all times, no contest. I could even crash and still win.

Whales are just suckers.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 pm

Does this game have a report function? I can imagine these whales being so butthurt that they think you're cheating :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:02 am

I'm not actually sure. I guess there's one.
It's just so odd to see how super shit some of (actually most) the whales drive. I guess it's because multiplayer matchmaking fools them most of the time.

There are always two multiplayer leagues and then some special events. Those leagues last usually seven days. Sometimes there's a gimmick attached.
In any case, you start of in Bronze with only D Class cars allowed, then Silver with D and C, and so on, Gold, Platinum, Legend.

Matchmaking can put you in a race with people a rank higher or lower. The closer you get to the next rank, the more likely that is.
That means advancing can be pretty difficult at times. You get close to Gold and suddenly you've got all those guys with A Class cars that are already in Gold.

This can be frustrating if you simply don't have a high rank car for the league you are currently in.
So for me it's harder to get from Bronze to Silver, than from Gold to Platinum.
My B Class SCG is good enough to compete with low to mid rank A Class cars. It's at around 3k points. That's considerably higher than any A Class car I have, with the highest sitting at 2579. And it's considered mid tier for B Class!

So if you buy a high tier, maybe one for every class, via buying into the gatcha packs, you are going to have the best car in every race matchmaking put you. Your car will surpass whatever 90% of the people the Class above you have and crush everyone in your class, provided you can drive for shit.

They might just be too used to win without trying and thus don't improve. But when everyone gets the same car at max rank to drive for free, they eat shit.

That's why I mostly go for multiplayer events with either normalized cars or with restrictions. Like the past American league. There would always be some fucker with a Corvette but I didn't have to deal with half a dozen high tier cars, just usually one and the bulk of players had the same, easily to grind for free cars as I had.

Not all high tier cars are a sign of a whale. I've got a C class Corvette Stingray as well. I just spent all my tokens I saved up on packs during the American season and got it to three stars. Some others likely do the same thing and also don't spend actual money.
But those are the guys that drive as you'd expect. I don't take note of a guy with a car that's vastly superior to mine leaving me in the dust. Just like I don't of a clear beginner in a starter car to lose badly.

But we're talking about a Laferrari Aperta here. There was a single event for it so far when it was released. The Switch version is some odd year behind mobile. So while the car is in the game, it only had this short event that didn't yield many blueprints. The Ferrari season hasn't happened on the Switch yet.
So how did that fucker get this car to two stars to switch it to a non-standard colour? He threw money at the game and bought packs or bundles during that short time because it was the undisputed A Class king at that time!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:40 am

Call me a Boomer or something, but when I hear Asphalt all I think is:

I finally got Sinking City recently when it was discounted/available on Steam after the legal bitchslapping, and I like it very much even with the bugs, because the atmosphere is incredibly wellcrafted. But then again I played Fallout 3 unmodded back in the day, so glitches don't fase me I guess. It's a way better game than the licensed Call of Borethulhu, which made me feel like I played another Black Mirror remaster.

Also I can unconditionally recommend The Shore, a lovecraftian indie title made by 3 greek dudes. Even though the gameplay mechanics are nothing to write home about, the look and feel is accomplished masterfully.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:21 am

Holy shit. It's like Metal Slug fucked Streets of Rage 2.
SpoilerShow

I wrote this off as more indie trash (like the messenger) because I had no idea what it was. Turns out it's a super cool remake of a dope-as-hell brawler.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:39 am

Looks pretty neat!
SpoilerShow